• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rate "Man of Steel," 1-10 Scale

Man of Steel  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Man of Steel

391 posts in this topic

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was a refreshing departure from the typical Superman movies and it worked well. I loved the homage to Superman 1 that was subtly inserted at the right time. I'd recommend seeing it.

Seriously? 10's, people?

10 as in "on par with the greatest movie you've ever seen"?

I understand fandom, and liking this movie a LOT warranting 7s, 8, and 9s, but if it is TIED with the being the greatest movie you've ever seen... wow...

Remember, a 5 would be "just okay", or "average"....

I have at least 20 best movies, lol. Movie critic is not my profession and I don't take it so seriously...BUT in my opinion, it was the best movie (as in most entertaining) that I have seen since the Avengers.

Was it Casablanca ? or Gone with the Wind, or Harvey...;) no...but it was wonderful for the genre...and I'm sticking to that.

I am genuinely surprised so many people loved this. It was really dark, and the conclusion of the final fight was really disappointing having grown up with the character.

Another thread here says that DC's future is bright. I respectfully disagree; it seems to be dark as hell.

Gave it a 7. It was visually awesome but the story was too predictable. Wish there was wow moment. A hint of the second movie would've been cool. Maybe a Lex Luthor cameo.

I wavered between giving it a 6 or 7 but I ended up giving it a 6 because I was just really let down.

I don't want to write out my specific thoughts yet because I don't know how to "hide" them with the spoiler tag.

In a nut shell..... I thought the acting was great (Cavell & Zod were amazing), the visuals were fantastic, but the story/scripting was lacking, and too much time was spent on destructive visuals. No relationship building between Clark & Lois. And why can't we have a tiny bit of humor?

If 10 minutes of destruction were edited out, I would give this a 7. If 10 minutes of relationship building with Lois was put in, I might be able to give it an 8.

Leaving the theater my father said (amongst other complaints) it wouldve been funny in the scene where the General looks at the female soldier and says "what are you smiling about Captain" And she replies "I just think hes kinda hot" If the general turned around and mumbled "Me too"

Does anyone else hope they DON'T make a sequel to this? I'm actually hoping that.

Everything was in place for a great movie, its the lousy -script that ruined it

This needs to be a one-off movie.

This needs to be a one-off movie.

You seem to have some kind of grudge against Superman.

Let me guess, you're heavily invested in Marvel comics?

Thanos? Guardians of the Galaxy? Beta Ray Bill?

... or ... maybe it's Walking Dead? or _insert_random_recent_Image_#1_that_isn't_holding_its_value_here

hm

Something is clearly pushing you to ridiculous comments and I'm guessing it's your wallet and not your head.

You really have a hard on for bashing this movie.

NO, WAIT! THAT'S IT! Hard on... I just figured it out...

You have a crush on Henry Cavill that he did NOT reciprocate. (tsk)

Does anyone else hope they DON'T make a sequel to this? I'm actually hoping that.

Just curious if you feel this way about all of the movies you would rank 7 out of 10 as you did for this movie? That seems like a fairly high ranking to have such dislike for this movie (shrug)

the fighting scenes were great and it was great to see Superman fighting someone just as strong as he was.........I'm tired of Lex Luthor and Kryptonite.....I wanted to see a slug fest and thats what I got.

Also I like the realism they posted of this Superman........someone had mentioned before, him saving every single person or a cat in distress while in a battle scene....not realistic. He tries to do the best he can.

I enjoyed this movie and so did my whole family. I don't try to pick apart movies but try to enjoy them.

I enjoyed LOTR, Hobbit, Avengers, IM, Spiderman, Batman, etc and this by far was my favorite movie followed by the Batman movie played by Heath Ledger. My all time favorite movie would be Shawshank Redemption