• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Comics General Need A Movie Sub-Forum? (with Poll)

Does Comics General Need A Movie Sub-Forum?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. Does Comics General Need A Movie Sub-Forum?

498 posts in this topic

Still at 73%

That is a very healthy majority.

It is. And pretty much any time of day you check lately you'll find a good third of the front page of CG taken up by movie or TV threads.

Which is a good thing for the hobby and the discussions here about comic book productions.

:whee:

Still at 73%

It is. And pretty much any time of day you check lately you'll find a good third of the front page of CG taken up by movie or TV threads.

Which is a good thing for the hobby and the discussions here about comic book productions.

The discussion is not whether it's 'good' or 'bad'. It's whether it belongs in General or in it's own sub-forum.

3/4's of the people who voted believe it belongs in it's own sub-forum.

Still at 73%

The discussion is not whether it's 'good' or 'bad'. It's whether it belongs in General or in it's own sub-forum.

Did you see me post anything that says otherwise to this majority vote?

The number of people voting is very small compared to the number of views and replies these threads get. A tiny vocal minority shouldnt be able to impose its will upon everyone else.

Still at 73%

The discussion was in regards to whether we needed a sub-forum or not so I assumed you were staying on topic and not pimping movies and television. Again.

The number of people voting is very small compared to the number of views and replies these threads get. A tiny vocal minority shouldnt be able to impose its will upon everyone else.

I feel that way about the Supreme Court and Government.

lol , no doubt.

The thing is, the majority of the people (not all), who want a movie sub forum, treat Comics General as the Water Cooler, and as their Personal Messaging system.

Movie Threads are actually about comics, and dont fit in under the other boards. They belong in Comics General.

Which could mean that those choosing not to vote don't care one way or the other. The views and replies are likely also representing a relatively small number of folks who care that are visiting and replying on numerous occasions. Views do not count individual members viewing.

lol , no doubt.

The thing is, the majority of the people (not all), who want a movie sub forum, treat Comics General as the Water Cooler, and as their Personal Messaging system.

Movie Threads are actually about comics, and dont fit in under the other boards. They belong in Comics General.

I'm not sure the movie threads are about comics. They seem to be about speculation, casting choices, speculation, movie reviews, who will direct, speculation, release dates, and which books to speculate on. There isn't a lot of discussion about the comics the properties are based on. It may just be me though.

Still at 73%

The discussion was in regards to whether we needed a sub-forum or not so I assumed you were staying on topic and not pimping movies and television. Again.

lol

Pimping movie and television shows - again.

You really have issues with me, don't you? And I just don't even know why. Not that it matters.

(:

Views do not count individual members viewing.

I realize that, but the people replying to polls are people who care about replying to polls. A couple dozen people trying to move threads that have combined millions of views, doesnt constitute a majority.

Really what this is coming down to is:

"Should people who want to treat CG as their personal playground be inconvenienced by having to go to the second page to read about Bob's dog passing gas again, because a ton of people keep bumping and talking about comics' related movies"

lol , no doubt.

I'm not sure the movie threads are about comics. They seem to be about speculation, casting choices, speculation, movie reviews, who will direct, speculation, release dates, and which books to speculate on. There isn't a lot of discussion about the comics the properties are based on. It may just be me though.

You forgot to mention speculation again. :grin:

Views do not count individual members viewing.

I realize that, but the people replying to polls are people who care about replying to polls. A couple dozen people trying to move threads that have combined millions of views, doesnt constitute a majority.

Anybody interested in the subject will click on the thread and vote in the poll. It's as simple as that.

Pimping movie and television shows - again.

You really have issues with me, don't you? And I just don't even know why. Not that it matters.

Well, I originally had issues with you over that whole rupp thing that happened a while back and how you handled it. I found your 'jumping through hoops with back spins' over the ordeal fairly annoying. I was just polite in discussing it with you.

Now I just get tired of all the movie and show pimping, you being the one most proficient at it. Personally, I think you're overboard on it. That's just my opinion though. Feel free to keep pimping.

:eyeroll: The rest of those people should have voted

Movie/TV Sub Forum

........ build it and they will come. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... for what it's worth, I enjoy the movie/TV threads and would like to be able to get right to them without scrolling through hundreds of redundant threads that discuss endless variations of the same thing (although, truth be told, some of those are interesting too).