• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Movie

187 posts in this topic

you laugh now at the thought! (and it would be a great joke) but it would be #1 on your huge list of things you hated about the movie if they went that way (no pun intended)

she could have said it, and he could then smile and say "riiighht?"

[font:Times New Roman]You have that backasswards. If he'd said it, her agreement would've been OK since it comes across as less unprofessional not originating from a female subordinate.

N'cest-ce pas?[/font] (thumbs u

So, the fact that a female officer said the line wasn't the problem? Was the problem that she said it first?

Unprofessional? Don't ask. Don't tell.

[font:Times New Roman]That was repealed by Congress two years ago. :gossip:

The reason it would've been cleverly funny and topical rather than typical is because it would've been totally unexpected and avoided the pitfall of making the female subordinate appear unprofessional.

BTW, thanks for the link to this... :foryou:

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/03/film-crit-hulk-man-of-steel/

It's difficult to get through, but spot-on. My wife also read it and agreed with the author's observations completely! :applause:

[/font]

So will the movie have any effect on golden age Supes prices? I don't see it making a big difference.

[font:Times New Roman]Probably not, but the film's success should guarantee stability of the character's value. I may not care for the film personally, but I'm happy that the franchise is doing well.

A successful movie franchise is good for the Superman's growth potential (GA through modern) over the long haul. [/font] (thumbs u