• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread For Jamie Hughes (PsychoJ)

687 posts in this topic

Hopefully not too late, but . . . donating a set of 2 GA Gerber Photo Journals that I purchased from GATor back in January off VCC on CGC message boards. They were purchased new, sealed in shrink-wrap, however one of the books sustained a torn dust-jacket (I was impatient when opening the cellophane shrink-wrap on the book and I ended up tearing the dust jack). The tear is repaired with clear tape (so no blue-label possible here) and looks pretty much like it did before I tore it. I mean we don't buy this type of book for the dust-jacket any way, it's what's inside that counts. I'm going to part with these 2 hard cover books for a good cause; donating the proceeds to the family of Jamie Hughes (PhsycoJ). They cost me $87 shipped - but since I tore the dust-jacket I'm only asking you to donate $75 for the 2 books, shipped via media-mail to your door.

Thanks all :hi:

Note: books are basically like-new unread.

SOLD - gifted to valiant!

Hopefully not too late, but . . . donating a set of 2 GA Gerber Photo Journals that I purchased from GATor back in January off VCC on CGC message boards. They were purchased new, sealed in shrink-wrap, however one of the books sustained a torn dust-jacket (I was impatient when opening the cellophane shrink-wrap on the book and I ended up tearing the dust jack). The tear is repaired with clear tape (so no blue-label possible here) and looks pretty much like it did before I tore it. I mean we don't buy this type of book for the dust-jacket any way, it's what's inside that counts. I'm going to part with these 2 hard cover books for a good cause; donating the proceeds to the family of Jamie Hughes (PhsycoJ). They cost me $87 shipped - but since I tore the dust-jacket I'm only asking you to donate $75 for the 2 books, shipped via media-mail to your door.

Thanks all :hi:

Note: books are basically like-new unread.

I already have these or I would buy them myself. That is a great price for an incredible set of books. Someone BUY THESE NOW!!!!! :baiting:

Just in case anyone didnt know, George is the MAN! (worship)

:blush:

Met Jamie's kids at the funeral - it's the least I could do.

The true contributors who should be applauded are the donators (worship)

SOLD Here we go. I can't afford to buy some of these wonderful things I'm seeing here .. but I can donate :)SOLD

Here's my own, personal Custom Bound hardcover of the two softcover Silver Surfer Masterworks. Bound in Black Buckram, with Silver lettering on the spine, and a gorgeous Silver Surfer stamp on the front. Please note, these are not the original comics, but the beautiful, remastered versions put out by Marvel a couple of years ago.

A word on pricing. The Custom Stamp of the 'Surfer on the front of the book, cost me £60 to get made and stamped. The 2 tpb's that comprise the main book itself cost £30. To get all this made into a book, cost me £35. Basically, you're talking about a book that cost £125 to produce.

I'm asking for £100, totally going to Carina and Jamie's two boys. I'll eat the shipping, if the boardy is in the U.K., but I'll need to ask for a small donation of £15 to ship it to the U.S. (the book is heavy. Shipping: costs).

SilverSurferFront.jpg

20130624_204023_zps64c56405.jpg

20130624_204249_zps1b55be3b.jpg

Here we go. I can't afford to buy some of these wonderful things I'm seeing here .. but I can donate :)

Here's my own, personal Custom Bound hardcover of the two softcover Silver Surfer Masterworks. Bound in Black Buckram, with Silver lettering on the spine, and a gorgeous Silver Surfer stamp on the front. Please note, these are not the original comics, but the beautiful, remastered versions put out by Marvel a couple of years ago.

A word on pricing. The Custom Stamp of the 'Surfer on the front of the book, cost me £60 to get made and stamped. The 2 tpb's that comprise the main book itself cost £30. To get all this made into a book, cost me £35. Basically, you're talking about a book that cost £125 to produce.

I'm asking for £100, totally going to Carina and Jamie's two boys. I'll eat the shipping, if the boardy is in the U.K., but I'll need to ask for a small donation of £15 to ship it to the U.S. (the book is heavy. Shipping: costs).

(worship)

That looks great :headbang:

Here we go. I can't afford to buy some of these wonderful things I'm seeing here .. but I can donate :)

SilverSurferFront.jpg

20130624_204023_zps64c56405.jpg

20130624_204249_zps1b55be3b.jpg

That is a very generous donation, Ken. (worship)

:takeit:

Recap:

Page 1

Walking Dead #99 2nd Print CGC 9.8 $30 (Free within EU or $15 to be paid towards shipping to anywhere else)

Amazing Spider-Man #42 FN- $58 Shipping anywhere included

Page 7

Jungle Comics 12 & 13 (G/G+) $110 $100 ( seller will donate $10) Shipped

Page 9

Jungle Action #3 9.4 White Pages Asking $45 $35 Shipping on either of these is free within the EU or $15 to anywhere else

Cover Recreation of your choice, done as best as I can. Price: $50 shipped anywhere in the world

Page 12

INDEPENDENT TITLES LOT of 46 books in the USA original version . US$30

Marvel COMICS LOT of 41 books in the USA original version . US$30

Page 16

Shadow #6 9.8 SS Bill Sienkiewicz = $60 $50 shipped

Page 20

WBN 33 2nd APP MOON KNIGHT VF- $55 SHIPPED

Page 28

Fantastic Four #242 (signed by Terry Austin) CGC SS 9.0 WP $95 $75

Page 40

Wonderworld #20, Scarce Fox from 1940 $100 shipped anywhere.

Page 43

X-Men 123: FN (6.0) and a Giant Size X-Men blank $50 shipped

Page 44

Sub-mariner #47 VF- $7 (shipping free uk, seller covers first $7 international)

Page 45

Multiple Terminator sets, including the 1st appearance of the Terminator in comic books (Rust #12). Twenty-five books total. $50 $40 $25+ $11.50 to seller for shipping.

Page 51

ASM #59 VFN. $80 shipped anywhere.

B&B's lot International shipping and insurance is on me - £200 ($310).

Brave and the Bold #2, #3 & #4.

#2 - GD - Spine damage, tears along spine, piece missing top of front cover, cover creases.

#3 - GD - Cover is loose, couple of pages are loose, piece missing from a couple of pages, spine wear, piece missing at top of book.

#4 - VG - Spine wear, cover creases, small piece missing bottom of front cover.