• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread For Jamie Hughes (PsychoJ)

687 posts in this topic

That is a very generous donation, Ken. (worship)

:takeit:

Thankyou, Sir! It's yours :)

:applause:

Nice one, Ken !! (thumbs u

Here is the latest total before I go to bed zzz

£8646.97 (XE converts it as $13,353.06)

We re seriously getting close to that £10k ($15k) that we want for the family :banana:

I am so proud to be apart of these boards, thanks so much everyone (worship)

Jamie was a good friend and I miss his posts, as they used to inspire me to get over the trivial things in life that get me down.

He really was a one off and I am proud to have known him.

I never sell and have no idea really at pricing, so I am just guessing at the moment, I will reduce these if they do not sell but I want to get the maximum value.

I will pick up the shipping anywhere.

Master of Kung-Fu #95 9.6 SS Mike Zeck = $50 $40

MasterofKung-Fu9596SSMikeZeck.jpg

About time I got involved ... :takeit:

Jamie was a good friend and I miss his posts, as they used to inspire me to get over the trivial things in life that get me down.

I never sell and have no idea really at pricing, so I am just guessing at the moment, I will reduce these if they do not sell but I want to get the maximum value.

^^

^^

Thanks Neil (worship)

:angel:

An anonymous donor purchased the Gerber Photo Journals for CGC message board member valiant (Claudio) - the reason the donor gave for buying these for him was that they "enjoyed his posts and his passion for Golden Age comics" and that "he didn't have any Gerbers"

A very cool gesture! Congradulations valiant - the set of Gerbers are yours!

I’m really confused :blush: and I know I don’t deserve it, but even if I would I would just thank God for all the kinds of kind people I met here on the boards which offered me their friendship beforehand.

I will not thank anyone specifically as all of those are my friends so I don’t want anyone to be considered less important.

I was just going to list a new donation and was thinking to ask a help for shipping, but given this generosity I will cover all shipping. Would be awesome if some UK or european boardie is interested, however, as those would allow $10 more not to be wasted in postage.

Marvel Masterworks - The Avengers #1 and #2

#1 is a first edition, but second printing

#2 is a first edition and first printing

Both retailed for $30 each, they are in almost new condition (not shrinkwrapped, those were my copies).

I am asking a $60 donation to Jamie’s family for both, shipped everywhere.

cqx2C1Yh.jpg

i6AOgq4h.jpg

I’m really confused :blush: and I know I don’t deserve it, but even if I would I would just thank God for all the kinds of kind people I met here on the boards which offered me their friendship beforehand.

I will not thank anyone specifically as all of those are my friends so I don’t want anyone to be considered less important.

I was just going to list a new donation and was thinking to ask a help for shipping, but given this generosity I will cover all shipping. Would be awesome if some UK or european boardie is interested, however, as those would allow $10 more not to be wasted in postage.

Marvel Masterworks - The Avengers #1 and #2

#1 is a first edition, but second printing

#2 is a first edition and first printing

Both retailed for $30 each, they are in almost new condition (not shrinkwrapped, those were my copies).

I am asking a $60 donation to Jamie’s family for both, shipped everywhere.

cqx2C1Yh.jpg

i6AOgq4h.jpg

I have purchased donations from this thread and wanted to also donate myself my wife pulled some random books but I am terrible at pricing but it is a donation for the family. If my pricing is way off please advise me.

Glare is from my camera phone flash sorry about that in advance.

20130622_154836.jpg

Lets ask 50 for this Star Wars shipped. CGC 9.2

20130622_154754.jpg

Lets go 35.00 for Devil Dinosaur shipped CGC 9.4

20130625_101234.jpg

Lets ask 65.00 for this World's Finest shipped CGC 9.2

20130622_154726.jpg

And lastly so far lets ask 15 for The Nam shipped CGC 9.6

The entire lot shipped in US for 125.00 to Carina same price to anywhere else in the world but shipping the same exact cost minus a 10 dollar credit.

Shipping in US will be no charge

As said, I’m unable to help you on the prices Jop, but thanks! (thumbs u

You may want to list the CGC grade, although it is visible in the pictures… ;)

done and thanks for the assistance and help

20130622_154726.jpg

This was probably my grandpa's favorite comic to read with me years ago. He did a tour there. Hopefully even this small amount will help. Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with.

20130622_154726.jpg

This was probably my grandpa's favorite comic to read with me years ago. He did a tour there. Hopefully even this small amount will help. Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with.

^^

20130622_154726.jpg

Blimey - great deal!

Well done guys!

Guys we are getting so close to our goal it's unreal.

Latest total is £8977.26 (XE has it as $13,841.20)

We really need a few more donations to sell :)

Thanks so much everyone for getting us this close though, it is already an amazing achievement (worship)