• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread For Jamie Hughes (PsychoJ)

687 posts in this topic

Sharon… :foryou:

(Edit: No, Bosco, I am not courting here, in case you are wondering… lol )

Hey, I'm not the one that kept bringing that up. Why you associating that with me?

:(

Oh right, maybe it was Rupp, but -- just kidding, hey! lol

lol

:whee:

You can kid around as much as you'd like.... :idea: Just donate $5.00 every time you do:) :foryou:

lol

Ohhhh. Bio-Rupp owes you too many $5 bills.

:whee:

Now, the question is: of which use the third Avengers Masterwork could be when I donated the first two, and also the second volume of Thor, considered I never had the first and mostly I do not collect Thor? lol

The answer is easy: little to none, so here you are:

Marvel Masterworks - The Avengers #3 / The Mighty Thor #2

Both are first editions.

Both retailed for $35 each, they are in almost new condition (not shrinkwrapped, those were my copies). The Thor one has some slight production related creasing (due to the shrinkwrap) on the frontal part of the dust jacket.

:news:SOLD

I am asking a $60 donation to Jamie’s family for both, shipped in Europe.

I ask a $10 contribution if shipped to USA, Australia and other more expensive destinations, as those are heavy. :(

:news:SOLD

Just in case gaz2810i wishes to pick those as well, I give him first dibs.

Disclaimer: Just consider that I won’t be able to ship those before a week or so.

edUbtAzh.jpg

GIXcUZDh.jpg

Now, the question is: of which use the third Avengers Masterwork could be when I donated the first two, and also the second volume of Thor, considered I never had the first and mostly I do not collect Thor? lol

The answer is easy: little to none, so here you are:

Marvel Masterworks - The Avengers #3 / The Mighty Thor #2

Both are first editions.

Both retailed for $35 each, they are in almost new condition (not shrinkwrapped, those were my copies). The Thor one has some slight production related creasing (due to the shrinkwrap) on the frontal part of the dust jacket.

I am asking a $60 donation to Jamie’s family for both, shipped in Europe.

I ask a $10 contribution if shipped to USA, Australia and other more expensive destinations, as those are heavy. :(

Just in case gaz2810i wishes to pick those as well, I give him first dibs.

Disclaimer: Just consider that I won’t be able to ship those before a week or so.

edUbtAzh.jpg

GIXcUZDh.jpg

:takeit:

If Chris is willing to do it, I'll purchase another of his cover recreations. I think they were $50.

With the queue for them now, this'll probably be done in 2020. :insane:

He said unlimited so I don't see why not :applause:

That is correct.

If more people want one and gets more money to Jamie's family that is fine by me.

Bane, you are awesome. :applause:

I know Gary is busy working, so I'm going to make an interim post.

The current total is $15,059.77

There will be an update when I get the latest donations that were made in cash.

:applause:(worship):applause:(worship)

Way to go everyone in once again coming through.

I just found this thread--I would like to help if it's not too late.

I would like to offer up 2 separate lots to start off:

Amazing Spider-Man #101 (First Morbius) :news:Sold Copy presents very well--from the front it could pass for at least a VG+ if not a VG/FN. Tear and missing piece on the back cover bring the grade down. Insides are rock solid, with off-white pages. I will call this the best looking VG- (3.5) that money can buy.

I'm asking for a $30 donation to the cause and I will pay the shipping. (And there will be some free Spidey goodies thrown in.)

I also have a bunch of the Showcase Presents black and white reprints of Silver Age DCs. Each book has over 500 pages. The majority are in like-new condition, but a couple have minor defects due to my 1 year old pulling them down from the shelf. The lot includes:

Flash 1, 2

JLA 1, 2

Legion 1, 2

Superman 2

Batman 1

Green Lantern 2

That's 9 soft cover collections with over 4500 pages of reading. These books retail for $17 each.

I am asking for a $50 donation and I will pay the shipping in the US. If you are international, I will pay the first $20, you would have to cover anything above that. Note that these books weigh about 12 lbs., so shipping will be expensive overseas.

I will post pictures if anyone needs them.

:angel:

An anonymous donor purchased the Gerber Photo Journals for CGC message board member valiant (Claudio) - the reason the donor gave for buying these for him was that they "enjoyed his posts and his passion for Golden Age comics" and that "he didn't have any Gerbers"

A very cool gesture! Congradulations valiant - the set of Gerbers are yours!

Donor who purchased books for valiant paid the meelyun-dollars to ship them to Italy, hence I am donating the $25 I set aside to ship them to a US buyer. Add that to the total.

:angel:

An anonymous donor purchased the Gerber Photo Journals for CGC message board member valiant (Claudio) - the reason the donor gave for buying these for him was that they "enjoyed his posts and his passion for Golden Age comics" and that "he didn't have any Gerbers"

A very cool gesture! Congradulations valiant - the set of Gerbers are yours!

Donor who purchased books for valiant paid the meelyun-dollars to ship them to Italy, hence I am donating the $25 I set aside to ship them to a US buyer. Add that to the total.

Great gesture. :applause:

Amazing Spider-Man #101 (First Morbius) Copy presents very well--from the front it could pass for at least a VG+ if not a VG/FN. Tear and missing piece on the back cover bring the grade down. Insides are rock solid, with off-white pages. I will call this the best looking VG- (3.5) that money can buy.

I'm asking for a $30 donation to the cause and I will pay the shipping. (And there will be some free Spidey goodies thrown in.)

Peace,

Chip

Amazing Spider-Man #101 (First Morbius) Copy presents very well--from the front it could pass for at least a VG+ if not a VG/FN. Tear and missing piece on the back cover bring the grade down. Insides are rock solid, with off-white pages. I will call this the best looking VG- (3.5) that money can buy.

Peace,

Chip

Glad to see you pick this up, Chip.

Give me a day and I will send you some cool choices for the freebies.

Hello, sorry I am a little late to this very thoughtful thread. As for all of the posters and participators who came before me you guys and gals sure are great. I would also like to send my regards to the family and try to help in any way possible. In light of the new Man of Steel movie coming out and all of the SUPERBOARDIES who have came through for this individuals family I would like to donate my copy of Action Comics #1 Lee Variant CGC 9.8. Lets call it $80.00 donated to the family and I will cover shipping to the US. Thanks everybody for simply being great people!!!! You are the people that help inspire hope, you guys are awesome!!!! My condolences, Gino

IMG_3977.jpg