• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The story behind 2/4...and my Daredevil #1 grail!

100 posts in this topic

:o:golfclap:

Whoa! Sweet! I'm happy you got your grail dude! I know you're a huge DD fan! That is just awesome to be able to purchase one's grail.

For the record, my favorite hero is Batman and my favorite villain is Joker... I doubt I'll ever own my grails, unless I hit the Powerball one of these days! lol

As for the 2/4... hm

Clearly whoever wrote this was rating daredevil as the 2nd best superhero to grace the cover. First Spider-man, then Daredevil, followed by The Human Torch, and finally the Thing. They were smart enough to ignore Ms Storm and Mr Richards :shy:

Clearly whoever wrote this was rating daredevil as the 2nd best superhero to grace the cover. First Spider-man, then Daredevil, followed by The Human Torch, and finally the Thing. They were smart enough to ignore Ms Storm and Mr Richards :shy:

lol .... (tsk) with 2nd best, but.... lol nonetheless!

But, being stuck at my desk all day and marveling at the book, it got me thinking hm I wonder what the "2/4" could be. So, I'm letting you guys tell me a story if you'd like what YOU think the "2/4" could have been for! lol

Doesn't anyone buy cases of beer anymore? It was a shopping list!

But, being stuck at my desk all day and marveling at the book, it got me thinking hm I wonder what the "2/4" could be. So, I'm letting you guys tell me a story if you'd like what YOU think the "2/4" could have been for! lol

Doesn't anyone buy cases of beer anymore? It was a shopping list!

lol:applause:

I wrote that when I had four copies I was willing to sell. That was obviously the second lowest rated one in my posession at the time. The other were a 5.5, a 9.8 and of course a 9.9. I write that on all my books that I put out into the marketplace.

How about....

During the Cold War, there were Russian spys in the DC area doing, well....spy stuff. And they had to meet with their guy on the inside...so he'd leave a message to them on the back of "Daredevil" because the one Russian's nickname back in the USSR was "Daredevil" which in Russian is смельчак because of how reckless he was with military motorcycles....well, anyway the contact leaves the "2/4"... he wants them to meet at Second Street on the 4th of April.

:gossip: Someone's been watching the Americans on F/X.

:roflmao:

I wrote that when I had four copies I was willing to sell. That was obviously the second lowest rated one in my posession at the time. The other were a 5.5, a 9.8 and of course a 9.9. I write that on all my books that I put out into the marketplace.

:makepoint:lol

You are actually mistaken. It's not 2/4 its 214, and here's what it means.

See the original owner a strapping young kid on the cusp of puberty named Saul. He was coming back home from a stop at the newstand where he had just purchased a new title offering from Marvel (he'd enjoyed Peter Parker, and wished he could be as cool as Johnny Storm). He couldnt imagine being as smart as Parker or Reed Richards, numbers and science were never his thing, but he sure wouldn't mind some superpowers.

As he was walking up the stairs to his parents 4th floor apartment in Brooklyn he spied the most lovely blond girl stepping out of the doorway on the 2nd floor landing and walking towards him. She didn't look familiar from school (didn't he know all the kids in the building?) and as she passed him she introduced herself as Nancy Polnechau, and said that her family had just moved into the building.

Saul was struck mute (as was often the case when girls talked to him these days), and he watched her walk off down the staircase. Before passing out of view she called back "come by in the morning and maybe you can walk me to school?"

Lovestruck, Saul looked back down the hall she had appeared from, pulled out a small pencil from his back pocket and carefully wrote on the back of his new Daredevil #1 her apartment number.

"214"

Edited by Miraclemet

It was obviously pulled out of the 2 4 1 box at the comic store. They used to sell old comics that had gone past the pull date 2 for 12¢. Often times kids would claim any comics came they brought up to purchase were out of the 2 for 1 box. As a result many shopkeepers started marking the backs of the comics with 2 for 1 or simply 2/4 on the backs of the comics.

Edited by thunsicker

You are actually mistaken. It's not 2/4 its 214, and here's what it means.

See the original owner a strapping young kid on the cusp of puberty named Saul. He was coming back home from a stop at the newstand where he had just purchased a new title offering from Marvel (he'd enjoyed Peter Parker, and wished he could be as cool as Johnny Storm). He couldnt imagine being as smart as Parker or Reed Richards, numbers and science were never his thing, but he sure wouldn't mind some superpowers.

As he was walking up the stairs to his parents 4th floor apartment in Brooklyn he spied the most lovely blond girl stepping out of the doorway on the 2nd floor landing and walking towards him. She didn't look familiar from school (didn't he know all the kids in the building?) and as she passed him she introduced herself as Nancy Polnechau, and said that her family had just moved into the building.

Saul was struck mute (as was often the case when girls talked to him these days), and he watched her walk off down the staircase. Before passing out of view she called back "come by in the morning and maybe you can walk me to school?"

Lovestruck, Saul looked back down the hall she had appeared from pulled out a small pencil from his back pocket and carefully wrote on the back of his new Daredevil #1 her apartment number.

"214"

^^

Bravo my friend (thumbs u