• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The story behind 2/4...and my Daredevil #1 grail!

100 posts in this topic

Hey Guys! :hi:

Many of you may know that I finally just got my grail! :acclaim: - Daredevil #1. :cloud9:

330z6fq.jpg

A buddy pointed out that there's a "2/4" written on the back at the top left corner. Doesn't matter to me. I still am so happy to get this book and from such a great guy to boot! :foryou:

But, being stuck at my desk all day and marveling at the book, it got me thinking hm I wonder what the "2/4" could be. So, I'm letting you guys tell me a story if you'd like what YOU think the "2/4" could have been for! lol There are no prizes. Nothing to sell. No price analysis. Just stupid fun I guess. Basically, have fun coming up with stories if you'd like or laugh at other's :insane: stories.

I know it's a date. :gossip: Or maybe it's a code for something. And I don't want tips or techniques about having it cleaned or removed. Just tell me the story behind the numbers. There are so many creative and witty people on here, some of you guys have to come up with a good story behind those numbers..... "2/4"

And I hope to God I don't get a "cricket. cricket." from this thread....

Have at it! :baiting:

Stories people! Intrigue! Suspense! Drama! :o

:applause:

He was giving Marvels new character 2 stars out of 4. Personally, i think he was about 1 1/2 stars too high :baiting:

It is a SWEET book though! (worship)

2/4 is indeed a date.

The young man who owned this comic, and many others reached puberty on Feb 4. He wrote 2/4 on the back of his books, started the process of selling off his collection, had laser surgery on his eyes, had a makeover on Oprah and joined an on-line dating site.

February 2nd is most likely the date it was received by whatever store sold it :gossip:

I know. I know. But I want funny, interesting stories of the date if that's what you're going with.

Or maybe 2/4 was some secret code to a treasure or something?! (shrug)

They're YOUR stories. You guys tell 'em! (thumbs u

No logic or reasoning here. Just nonsense! :insane:

February 2nd is most likely the date it was received by whatever store sold it :gossip:

I know. I know. But I want funny, interesting stories of the date if that's what you're going with.

Ahhhh, ok!

2 of 4 was his rating of how hard he vomited when he actually read the story :whistle:

2/4 is indeed a date.

The young man who owned this comic, and many others reached puberty on Feb 4. He wrote 2/4 on the back of his books, started the process of selling off his collection, had laser surgery on his eyes, had a makeover on Oprah and joined an on-line dating site.

See, THAT is what I'm talking about!!! :applause:

I just think this could be a lot of fun. It's not everyday we get to act like a kid and just tell nonsense stories you know!? Life's too short! (thumbs u

With a small adjustment to the date, this is correct. Daredevil #1 was released to the newsstands on February 4th, 1964.

Other Marvel titles released that day were Journey into Mystery #103, Tales to Astonish #55, Two-Gun Kid #69, Modeling with Millie #30 and Patsy Walker #144.

Later that month, on the 11th, were released Amazing Spider-Man #11, Fantastic Four #26, Tales of Suspense #53, Strange Tales #120, Kid Colt Outlaw #116 and Millie the Model #120.

Ahhhh, ok!

2 of 4 was his rating of how hard he vomited when he actually read the story :whistle:

(tsk)

Ahhhh, ok!

(tsk)

Sorry. In my defense, i LOVE the Avengers and even still like half of the 1st 200 issues make me vomit in my mouth a little when i read them :blush:

Based on DD's popularity, he knew you'd never be able to impress an 8 enough to score her but figured you MIGHT be able to get 2 4's with it? hm

That's ok, you redeemed yourself with this one! lol

:foryou: