• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The story behind 2/4...and my Daredevil #1 grail!

100 posts in this topic

I'm not going to lie...I ABSOLUTELY got a little :( reading this. If you threw in a sick dog or something, I would have been downright :cry:

Thank you! Just an absolutely, great story!!! See while miraclemet's story was :luhv: this story was :( and :foryou: .

BRAVO!!! :golfclap:

No kidding you jerk. You got me all misty eyed over a made up story.

I'm not going to lie...I ABSOLUTELY got a little :( reading this. If you threw in a sick dog or something, I would have been downright :cry:

Thank you! Just an absolutely, great story!!! See while miraclemet's story was :luhv: this story was :( and :foryou: .

:shy:

:shy:

There's definitely no :shy: after that wonderful story. I printed yours and miraclemet's out and I've been showing anyone that crosses my path! :grin:

The once was a girl named Doris, all and the boys liked her. Doris would have each boy take her for a malt at the malt shop.

If the boys wanted a kiss after they shared a banana split, she would have them buy her a comic book. She had most of the books on the rack already so she chose some new boys comic called Daredevil.

When she got home she would write a number on the back of the comic of kisses she has had so far.

Look closely, that's not 2/4 .. It's Doris's creative writing of the number 44 <3

The once was a girl named Doris, all and the boys liked her. Doris would have each boy take her for a malt at the malt shop.

If the boys wanted a kiss after they shared a banana split, she would have them buy her a comic book. She had most of the books on the rack already so she chose some new boys comic called Daredevil.

When she got home she would write a number on the back of the comic of kisses she has had so far.

Look closely, that's not 2/4 .. It's Doris's creative writing of the number 44 <3

:roflmao: Love it Geoff!!! (thumbs u

Who's next? :banana:

A wealthy industrialist's mysterious last utterance on his deathbed was "2/4". Despite the best efforts of a crack investigative journalist, no one ever discovered what it meant. It turns out that it was the arrival data pencilled on the back of the comic book he loved most as a child, and which reminded him of his carefree days before the world of big business.

Oh, yeah, spoilers if you haven't seen Citizen Kane. :insane:

Original owner had 4 copies.

So as not to confuse which copy was which, he simply labelled them 1/4, 2/4, 3/4. 4/4.

and soooooooo begins your hunt for the remaining 3 copies you'll need to complete the set....

On February 4, 2046, an earthquake under the African continent dislodges the western coastline that had eroded into cliffs over 100 meters above sea level. The resulting wave would eventually become a 350 meter tidal wave that would wipe out half of South America and the United States. This would cause a chain reaction of natural disasters around the globe wiping out 91% of the worlds population.

Only two places remaining are capable of sustaining life(Geneva Switzerland and Alberta Canada). While Alberta focuses on rebuilding and creating a new civilization, the scientists in Geneva use their hydron collider to build a time machine with hopes of travelling into the past and trying to stop the disaster from ever happening

After years of failed experiments, they finally create a machine capable of sending non living organic matter through space and time. With only enough power for one shot at their last hope to save humanity from their fate, they write the date, event and result on the only artifact left from the 20th century, a daredevil comic.

On Monday January 16th, 1975, a young scientist in Geneva found a Daredevil comic with the number 2/4 written on the back. 2 miles away an old man found a page of what looked like a comic book. It had writing all over it, some nonsense about an earthquake and the date 2046. He quickly threw it out.

Unfortunately for us and those poor scientists stuck in 2050, a side effect of their time machine was a scrambling effect on reconstruction after time travel.

The moral of this story....never crack this book and look for page 7 Justin, it disappeared with the survival of the human race.

On February 4, 2046, an earthquake under the African continent dislodges the western coastline that had eroded into cliffs over 100 meters above sea level. The resulting wave would eventually become a 350 meter tidal wave that would wipe out half of South America and the United States. This would cause a chain reaction of natural disasters around the globe wiping out 91% of the worlds population.

Only two places remaining are capable of sustaining life(Geneva Switzerland and Alberta Canada). While Alberta focuses on rebuilding and creating a new civilization, the scientists in Geneva use their hydron collider to build a time machine with hopes of travelling into the past and trying to stop the disaster from ever happening

After years of failed experiments, they finally create a machine capable of sending non living organic matter through space and time. With only enough power for one shot at their last hope to save humanity from their fate, they write the date, event and result on the only artifact left from the 20th century, a daredevil comic.

On Monday January 16th, 1975, a young scientist in Geneva found a Daredevil comic with the number 2/4 written on the back. 2 miles away an old man found a page of what looked like a comic book. It had writing all over it, some nonsense about an earthquake and the date 2046. He quickly threw it out.

Unfortunately for us and those poor scientists stuck in 2050, a side effect of their time machine was a scrambling effect on reconstruction after time travel.

The moral of this story....never crack this book and look for page 7 Justin, it disappeared with the survival of the human race.

:o YIKES!!! :applause:(worship)

Different take than the other stories... This one much darker! :fear:

Congrats on your grail. (thumbs u

One of the more poignant collecting stories I've heard on these boards was about Daredevil #1.

"My big break came when I realized that there was still one silver-age superhero that was actually still affordable to us kids: Daredevil. Me and my best friend saved for weeks to buy a F copy of #1 for $100 (each) and had it shipped to his house. I remember the excitement when he called to tell me it had arrived, and would bring it to school the next day.

That friend was later killed by a driver just after we both graduated high school. I still have the book and will never sell it."

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=287451&Searchpage=1&Main=15456&Words=%2Bdaredevil+Smokinghawk&topic=0&Search=true#Post287451