• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

Yes, that was the little girl with the dyed hair, she is holding 2 comics in another picture. She is the one I mentioned.

That's the slave labor. Kids do well at menial tasks like grading, bagging, boarding and scanning.

She's an innocent victim the poor thing and all that dirt can't be healthy for a little kid,

Meanwhile I still don't understand the deal with the original poster?

Why start a thread when you haven't received books?

Why did he wait and not ask for a refund before?

How did he get the books so fast?

and if that is the way he opens packages, he can't possibly get too many of them, he'd be unpacking forever, with sliced books

Something more than that floor looks fishy.

+ 1

Yes. Not at all convincing.

This thread is why this forum is so great. (thumbs u

Hey I vouched for the hitchhiker I got my wife to pull over for, even though he had a huge ax, and gun..He could have been a hunter and needed the axe to cut up his kills.
Reminds me of one of my favorite superbowl commercials.

I am Elizabeth from the house of comics. I can admit that maybe we have done some dumb things along the way but we are in no way scammers. I have posted plenty of photos for any doubters on photobucket you can go there and see everything we have. My house is full of comics that’s why I named it the house of comics just go look..

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/thocomics/library/

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/thocomics/library/

In rebuttal

1.Yes, we started out on eBay and used them to pull some customers over to our website (wow we are real evil doers there aren’t we)

2.Paypal is scum sucking bastards that would put our money on hold and say they were concerned we might be a risk, but then they would let us use the money to buy on ebay but would not let us transfer our funds. IF they really thought that why would they let us spend 2 g’s on ebay??? That’s why we started our own website

3.We have a 14 day return policy! so send the comics back mister jester and stop buying from us. I know you had your order with the iron man 55 why the heck did you come back buy another one

4.Yes, we are very good at finding and tracking down old collections of comics, and I am not going to tell you how because we are a business and those are insider secrets lol

5.I am in no way a scam artist I am a southern momma of three girls and we don’t raise people like that around here

Wow.

What I missed... :headbang:

The Photobucket account has now been purged. :cry:

Fortunately, the relevant pics have already been saved "elsewhere" and posted in this thread. :applause:

This thread is also a salutary lesson in just how much personal data is freely available on the Net - unless one is very careful. hm

Unbelievable what has happened with this thread that should have never happened in the first place!

It is painful in so many ways as I have been back and forth with these "people" trying to correct my blunder and the whole time my stupidity is out there for all to see.

I have admitted it was a huge mistake and have apologized for posting this and will do so again and ask again for forgiveness.

I missed a bunch here that appears to be blocked but I believe they posted my last invoice (did they really post personal information?) which was cancelled by me and I asked for an immediate refund.

Yes you see the utter depth of my stupidity in that I ordered again before I received the first order. Embarrassing and I wish I did not have to tell you all that I actually placed two orders but there you go. It was a bad judgement night I guess as I placed the order and posted as I promised the seller that I would do. I have previously stated that my judgement was bad and I truly wish I didn't do this but am paying for it in spades as I work with the charge card company and authorities to fix this.

The order that I opened was the first order which was supposed to be TOS 39, 40 and IM 55. My second order was the one pictured was for the remainder of the books and again was cancelled.

I would prefer not to post as I would really love to see my embarrassment go away but I felt I should one more time to address the comments about my post being fishy. I can certainly understand that sentiment and if I were in your place would likely think the same thing. How can someone be so stupid as I was. In fact I will say it IS fishy in that it stinks really bad!

Hind site is 20/20 and I will admit I was near blind to have been so naive. So I guess banish me to CGC board pergatory. I can assure you this is a hard lesson that I have learned well and it will not be repeated.

I really have worked hard to build a good reputation by taking great care in how I treat customers and it saddens me that I have poked such a huge hole in it by making a bad decision so much so that it could be a black hole. I feel incredibly stupid and gullible.

I can only say that I have tried hard on the back end to make it right in some small way by exposing what has happened in painful detail.

I have eaten so much crow on this that I am choking on the feathers.

AJester

No they did not make me do anything. That was me again being stupid, trusting and gullible offering to help what I thought were decent people.

Did I mention bad judgement?

I placed the order and posted as I promised the seller that I would do.

They made you promise to post on here?

I know when I go to Best Buy they make me post on msg boards advertising for them as a stipulation to shop there :facepalm:

No they did not make me do anything. That was me again being stupid, trusting and gullible offering to help what I thought were decent people.

You got lured in by the chance to get a "great deal" on some keys. You learned your lesson the hard way for sure.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, sells keys at prices like that. At least nobody that knows what they've got. You have to assume that someone with a comic website knows what they've got. The mythical "little old lady" selling some old comics that she found in her basement for peanuts may exist, but she's not running a website.

If it's too good to be true and all that.

Cheer up lesson learned

doh!

edited

Forgot to say welcome to the boards Comic general is a hoot isn't it !

Unbelievable what has happened with this thread that should have never happened in the first place!

It is painful in so many ways as I have been back and forth with these "people" trying to correct my blunder and the whole time my stupidity is out there for all to see.

I have admitted it was a huge mistake and have apologized for posting this and will do so again and ask again for forgiveness.

I missed a bunch here that appears to be blocked but I believe they posted my last invoice (did they really post personal information?) which was cancelled by me and I asked for an immediate refund.

Yes you see the utter depth of my stupidity in that I ordered again before I received the first order. Embarrassing and I wish I did not have to tell you all that I actually placed two orders but there you go. It was a bad judgement night I guess as I placed the order and posted as I promised the seller that I would do. I have previously stated that my judgement was bad and I truly wish I didn't do this but am paying for it in spades as I work with the charge card company and authorities to fix this.

The order that I opened was the first order which was supposed to be TOS 39, 40 and IM 55. My second order was the one pictured was for the remainder of the books and again was cancelled.

I would prefer not to post as I would really love to see my embarrassment go away but I felt I should one more time to address the comments about my post being fishy. I can certainly understand that sentiment and if I were in your place would likely think the same thing. How can someone be so stupid as I was. In fact I will say it IS fishy in that it stinks really bad!

Hind site is 20/20 and I will admit I was near blind to have been so naive. So I guess banish me to CGC board pergatory. I can assure you this is a hard lesson that I have learned well and it will not be repeated.

I really have worked hard to build a good reputation by taking great care in how I treat customers and it saddens me that I have poked such a huge hole in it by making a bad decision so much so that it could be a black hole. I feel incredibly stupid and gullible.

I can only say that I have tried hard on the back end to make it right in some small way by exposing what has happened in painful detail.

I have eaten so much crow on this that I am choking on the feathers.

AJester

You keep editing all of your posts, so it's hard to answer when your text keeps changing.

No one wants you to eat crow, fish or anything else, but it made no sense for you to post a thread talking about how great a seller was, when you didn't have a completed transaction, especially after that seller had been called out by other board members.

I was wondering if the seller had asked you to post? Did you get a discount or something?

Comic scammers, thieves, and frauds out there should take one thing from this thread:

Do not ever come into this house (which is clean, well kept, and rodent free) and think you can pull one over. There are far too many resourceful and decent people here who will make it their mission to expose you under a very bright light without mercy.

There are computer techs, artists, cops, lawyers, and an entire acre of other professionals here ready to drop a mountain on you. The Internet is such a wonderful resource.

Do yourself a favor and be honest - you'll find it much easier and far more satisfying than having to look over your shoulder at every turn wondering when that one rip off you did will come back to bite you in the azz hard.

Long ride the CGC posse. :sumo:

Comic scammers, thieves, and frauds out there should take one thing from this thread:

Do not ever come into this house (which is clean, well kept, and rodent free) and think you can pull one over. There are far too many resourceful and decent people here who will make it their mission to expose you under a very bright light without mercy.

There are computer techs, artists, cops, lawyers, and an entire acre of other professionals here ready to drop a mountain on you. The Internet is such a wonderful resource.

Do yourself a favor and be honest - you'll find it much easier and far more satisfying than having to look over your shoulder at every turn wondering when that one rip off you did will come back to bite you in the azz hard.

:applause:

Well put, for an oregonian :baiting: