• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

Please do go fill out the form so I will have the information I need to file lawsuits and legal charges when I contact a lawyer tomorrow morning.

Asking a customer to return an item for a refund is NOT an illegal activity. EVERY business uses those same policies.

:hi: Hi again Elizabeth. Good to see you. Still a real lawyer and all that. Asking for a return is not an illegal activity, you are absolutely correct. However, and here is the important part, mail fraud is. You see what you are doing is knowingly using the internet to defraud customers. 18 USC 1343 covers that. Now what is even better is that the proof to prove that is just enough to look at your actions. You have on multiple occasions (ajester and Mxwell smart) sent non accurate orders. This is enough to establish a pattern of fraud and deceit. In order to engage my fine brethren in North Carolina you will need to state an actionable cause. Sadly you do not have one. What you have done is used the internet to defraud buyers (a felony) and we are stating that fact here. You also may have created an inhospitable living space for your child something that Department of Social Services will have to determine. That could also rise to criminal charges as well, again to be determined by DSS and my fine brethren in the North Carolina Attorney General's office. I also hope that you have kept your tax records and receipt of sales in better shape than you keep the comics. You are required by law to report the sales of these books as income on your Federal and State tax returns, even though you committed fraud. I will be calling a friend of mine from law school who now works for the IRS to discuss with her your websites actions and I am sure after I mention to her how you are swindling thousands of dollars she will be more than glad to preform an audit to make sure every penny the US government is owed has been paid. :hi: Hope to hear from you again real soon.

I can't get these two scenes/songs out of my head while reading this thread...

This one when Dice and Miss Elizabeth are going back and forth....

This one when Miss Elizabeth is riding her high horse of moral/legal superiority off into the sunset....

Please do go fill out the form so I will have the information I need to file lawsuits and legal charges when I contact a lawyer tomorrow morning.

Asking a customer to return an item for a refund is NOT an illegal activity. EVERY business uses those same policies.

Not true.

Some reputable business believe in the "customer is always right" mantra and will provide a full or partial refund prior to receipt of goods. Some will even offer the customer to keep said goods.

Don't lump yourself in with EVERY business, because you're far from being a business.

And I'm sure you think every business advertising key comics sends reprints instead, and that it is somehow legal. There are easily hundreds of years of combined comic collecting/buying/selling/grading experience on these boards that terribly dwarfs any sort of knowledge about this industry you might dream you have.

You're not the first dumb rube to wander through here and you'll likely not be the last. Aside from the seriousness of what you are reported to be doing in terms of ripping people off, I will say this has been one of the most entertaining threads in history.

Speaking of lawsuits, and not speaking for the owner, I wonder if the legitimate House of Comics might get into the lawsuit game here and sue you for creating market place confusion. hm Probably not, because I doubt you'll be in business long enough for that to happen.

But PLEASE don't let that stop you from posting smiley-angelic011.gif

I'll stick around for a bit, but my duty post here is almost over. About time for Dice X and others to come aboard for changing of the guard.

Cool.

I meant Liz, though lol

:hi: Hi again Elizabeth. Good to see you. Still a real lawyer and all that. Asking for a return is not an illegal activity, you are absolutely correct. However, and here is the important part, mail fraud is. You see what you are doing is knowingly using the internet to defraud customers. 18 USC 1343 covers that. Now what is even better is that the proof to prove that is just enough to look at your actions. You have on multiple occasions (ajester and Mxwell smart) sent non accurate orders. This is enough to establish a pattern of fraud and deceit. In order to engage my fine brethren in North Carolina you will need to state an actionable cause. Sadly you do not have one. What you have done is used the internet to defraud buyers (a felony) and we are stating that fact here. You also may have created an inhospitable living space for your child something that Department of Social Services will have to determine. That could also rise to criminal charges as well, again to be determined by DSS and my fine brethren in the North Carolina Attorney General's office. I also hope that you have kept your tax records and receipt of sales in better shape than you keep the comics. You are required by law to report the sales of these books as income on your Federal and State tax returns, even though you committed fraud. I will be calling a friend of mine from law school who now works for the IRS to discuss with her your websites actions and I am sure after I mention to her how you are swindling thousands of dollars she will be more than glad to preform an audit to make sure every penny the US government is owed has been paid. :hi: Hope to hear from you again real soon.

:o:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Have you refunded any of the people in this thread that have returned the books to you and have proof of delivery?

Offering to sell one item and shipping an entirely different item is, IN FACT, an illegal activity.

If you don't believe me ask your "lawyer". (thumbs u

I think she said she was going to talk to A lawyer lol

LAWYERED

jason1.jpg

:o:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap: also

LAWYERED

jason1.jpg

(worship)

Butthurt of epic proportion :applause:

And I'm sure you think every business advertising key comics sends reprints instead, and that it is somehow legal. There are easily hundreds of years of combined comic collecting/buying/selling/grading experience on these boards that terribly dwarfs any sort of knowledge about this industry you might dream you have.

You're not the first dumb rube to wander through here and you'll likely not be the last. Aside from the seriousness of what you are reported to be doing in terms of ripping people off, I will say this has been one of the most entertaining threads in history.

Speaking of lawsuits, and not speaking for the owner, I wonder if the legitimate House of Comics might get into the lawsuit game here and sue you for creating market place confusion. hm Probably not, because I doubt you'll be in business long enough for that to happen.

But PLEASE don't let that stop you from posting smiley-angelic011.gif

I'll stick around for a bit, but my duty post here is almost over. About time for Dice X and others to come aboard for changing of the guard.

Cool.

I meant Liz, though lol

:blush:

Lawyers and IRS in the same sentence? You're not gonna have a good time.

Wowzers, this thread gets thicker than Nell Carter & Orson Welles humping in a sleeping bag every time I get on the forums!

It's been one huge heap of yuck yucks since hour 1.....keep it comin' Lizzie Hoardin.

Wowzers, this thread gets thicker than Nell Carter & Orson Welles humping in a sleeping bag every time I get on the forums!

It's been one huge heap of yuck yucks since hour 1.....keep it comin' Lizzie Hoardin.

:roflmao: Lizzy Hoardin! :roflmao:

:roflmao: Lizzy Hoardin! :roflmao:

:banana::roflmao:

This thread needs to be stickied as a deteranet (and because it hilarious) :sumo:

Like how, in medieval times, they would leave hanged traitors in the town square to make people realize what happens to people who break the rules. :devil:

Sorry....way to much 'Thrones this weekend :facepalm: