• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coupon filled out effect on grade?

40 posts in this topic

are you absolutely sure? Have you actually seen CGC do a qualified label on books for this?

I suppose a similar question is what does CGC do when a book has the owners' name on it. If its a known pedigree, they dont count off for it, like 'Dennis Kjolso' on the Winnepegs. But if its 'Joe Blow' they might, I'm not sure. I know they dont take off very much if any for big store stamps.

I probably wont cgc this one then!

I have a Roy Rogers 1948 comic with the coupon filled out and it got a 4.5. I remember thinking it looked better than that? I actually like neatly filled out coupons as long as they are not on key books.

No. you'll just try and sell it on the boards as a highest graded 9.4. Ridiculous .

I am sorry but the grading in your sales thread is terrible.

Action 258 9.4 last gpa 9.2 for $1005 this would be highest graded my price $1344

No. you'll just try and sell it on the boards as a highest graded 9.4. Ridiculous .

I am sorry but the grading in your sales thread is terrible.

Action 258 9.4 last gpa 9.2 for $1005 this would be highest graded my price $1344

Agreed, a coupon filled out on the back cover is a serious defect. That book will never come close to 9.4

hmm I closed the thread, I didnt see the coupon writing until last night. I'm pretty bummed out to find that out.

As Bomber Bob should know, pictures dont compare with having the book in hand and the books look the grades I describe. You cant see the gloss and many other things in a picture or scan. So for him to make that statement just shows his ignorance. Even Mastercontrolprogram would strongly agree with this (because he is the one who made this statement originally).

I would appreciate no more sales thread krapping (its still the doing the same thing just in other forums) as this is against board rules and the books are the grades I describe.

Cheers :)

are you absolutely sure? Have you actually seen CGC do a qualified label on books for this?

I suppose a similar question is what does CGC do when a book has the owners' name on it. If its a known pedigree, they dont count off for it, like 'Dennis Kjolso' on the Winnepegs. But if its 'Joe Blow' they might, I'm not sure. I know they dont take off very much if any for big store stamps.

You're right. CGC will overlook it like they do date stamps and pedigree owner names.

Why bother to ask if you already knew the answer?

Just called CGC, a grader said it wont affect the grade. It just may matter if the graders are on the fence between grades they might drop it down.

So, again, it looks like the grading opinions on this forum are worth what you paid for them = zero! :baiting:

Then get back to selling your "Would Be Highest Grade" books and stop asking questions.

Just called CGC, a grader said it wont affect the grade. It just may matter if the graders are on the fence between grades they might drop it down.

So, again, it looks like the grading opinions on this forum are worth what you paid for them = zero! :baiting:

Then get back to selling your "Would Be Highest Grade" books and stop asking questions.

Ahhh, so when they are deciding between 8.5 and 9.0 they'll probably go with 8.5 :baiting:

Ahhh, so when they are deciding between 8.5 and 9.0 they'll probably go with 8.5 :baiting:

Nah. It's a 9.4. It says so in the first post.

Work on your comprehension. :makepoint:

Actually, with some of the books i've seen graded lately, it might be :facepalm:

Actually, with some of the books i've seen graded lately, it might be :facepalm:

If that book gets placed in a 9.4 slab, I'll eat a booger.