• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Waid Daredevil.

88 posts in this topic

I've enjoyed the move to the West Coast and what they are doing with the story. It has been a fun take and nice change. I know you can't say this is a fresh take on Daredevil because he lived on the west coast before, but I do feel like this is a fresh move for the character.

I do, at times, wish it was a bit darker like the Bendis/Brubaker runs that I LOVED so much.

Either way, this is still one of my favorite Marvel books each month.

I wish it was more interesting.

I have nothing against San Fran but I am not sure that's the best city for the character. I really wished they didn't go even further with his secret identity reveal. I thought he was a character (like Batman) that really benefited from hiding his identity.

The latest series doesn't really have any story-lines that are grabbing me at the moment. v2 was much better particularly Brubaker's run. The last series was alright also.

I think we need a bit more of Matt's personal life and some definition of what is going on with the female attorney. I find myself liking her better than Matt. I think that would help the book a bit.

We might get that as we get into the Foggy storyline.

I really thought the last Volume sort of dipped in the middle and got a bit boring. The Serpent storyline was good. Maybe we need them to find Matt and start causing him some trouble.

For me, the San Fran thing started off really lame-o.

But it's starting to feel right.

Just wish it was another city (the X-men did the same move, so it feels somewhat repetitive).

I really enjoyed that they ended the series with his reveal.

The only problem is that it was more interesting as it occurred, no so much forever afterward.

But it is fun to see how he reacts. In modern society, it's ludicrous to think someone could go for so long without being exposed.

Patrick