• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Waid Daredevil.

88 posts in this topic

As much as I hate the re-numbering, it's probably a good time. The series was great, but a bit sluggish toward the end (especially the monster-themed arc).

It will give people an opportunity to jump on to this great creative team.

Pat

As much as I hate the re-numbering, it's probably a good time. The series was great, but a bit sluggish toward the end (especially the monster-themed arc).

It will give people an opportunity to jump on to this great creative team.

Pat

The monster themed arc was odd. I really enjoyed the Serpent Society storyline, but being broken up by the monster storyline was off putting.

I get the hatred for the constant renumbering but it is a gimmick that seems to work for Marvel. I'm just glad it is still the same creative team.

Best series in the last 10-15 years each month. Without question. Not even close.

Smith, Brubaker, Bendis and Waid have all hit it out of the park. Diggle's run was meh, but even that was better than 90% of what else Marvel was doing.

Waid's run has been fantastic. I strongly encourage anyone to pick it up. Just so freaken good it's crazy.

Best series in the last 10-15 years each month. Without question. Not even close.

Smith, Brubaker, Bendis and Waid have all hit it out of the park. Diggle's run was meh, but even that was better than 90% of what else Marvel was doing.

Waid's run has been fantastic. I strongly encourage anyone to pick it up. Just so freaken good it's crazy.

This.

:sumo: TRUTH

+1

I just started reading this series on Marvel Unlimited. I had heard it was a really good title. Maybe I'm missing something, but I wanted to quit after 6 issues. Does it really pick up or something?

It does, I felt the same way at the start (despite being a DD die-hard). Unfortunately, I'd say it really picks up in the 20s, so it still might feel a little slow for a bit. 2c

I just started reading this series on Marvel Unlimited. I had heard it was a really good title. Maybe I'm missing something, but I wanted to quit after 6 issues. Does it really pick up or something?

It does, I felt the same way at the start (despite being a DD die-hard). Unfortunately, I'd say it really picks up in the 20s, so it still might feel a little slow for a bit. 2c

I'm up to issue 9 or 10 now, it's pretty pretty 'meh' but it's a bit better than the first story arc. I'll keep plugging along on it and see how it goes.

The first few story arcs are subplots to a much bigger surprise plot. The first bunch of stories kind of seem meh and you're trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

They are all part of a bigger picture. (thumbs u

In all honesty, though it was good, it wasn't great.

I much preferred the Bendis and Brubaker runs over this one.

But no complaints from me because all 3 are better than most of the other Marvel and DC titles.

Patrick

In all honesty, though it was good, it wasn't great.

I much preferred the Bendis and Brubaker runs over this one.

But no complaints from me because all 3 are better than most of the other Marvel and DC titles.

Patrick

We have very similar tastes. Waid's run has been solid, but it doesn't touch the Bendis or Brubaker runs. At times, Waid's run has been lukewarm too. The whole Bullseye story was odd. The Monster storyline also wasn't good. He's had some strong issues and I feel like the book has picked up steam though. I like the idea of Matt in California too.

So wtf....

is foggy really dead or what? He can't be right? If so then Waid totally dropped the ball on that. Also, the art on this book is starting to annoy me a little...I need some gritty DD soon or I'm gonna lose it.

rantrant

#4 was pretty good.

The cover was amazing.

I didn't even realize the Owl shape in the background. Sure genius.

I really, really didn't like Samnee when he started on Wolverine. But he's grown TONS over the last couple years.

Patrick