• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Waid Daredevil.

88 posts in this topic

I know this could be a doh! post. I just wanted to repeat that I got the first 3 TPB for the Waid run and can't wait to read it. Still working my way through Bendis/Maleev right now and LOVE it.

Brubaker next, but I follow this thread because some of you guys say you like Waid's run more than the others! And the others are pretty :headbang:

:whee:

I know this could be a doh! post. I just wanted to repeat that I got the first 3 TPB for the Waid run and can't wait to read it. Still working my way through Bendis/Maleev right now and LOVE it.

Brubaker next, but I follow this thread because some of you guys say you like Waid's run more than the others! And the others are pretty :headbang:

:whee:

Had a conversation with a fellow collector about DD the other day, & how DD has had the best, consistent run of any Marvel character the past 15 years. A couple of low spots sprinkled here & there, but the writing & art have been consistently fine. You will indeed enjoy Waid's run. It's different than Bendis' & Bru's & Diggle's. But good.

I've heard arguments both ways for Bendis :juggle: Brubaker. I haven't really heard anything about Diggle though. (shrug)

I'm resisting the temptation to start reading the Waid run now until I finish the others. But it looks really cool and I can't wait to catch up. It'll be the first time I've gotten DD books monthly!! :cloud9:

Bendis and Brubaker successfully built upon the gritty noirish elements that Miller originally introduced into the title, and all three runs are among my favorite mainstream super-hero runs of the last thirty-five years, with Maleev and Lark's art contributing considerably. I thought Nocenti's run was okay, but didn't stick with the title otherwise.

I stopped buying early in the Diggle run, and as a result wasn't really paying attention when Waid took over. I did start to hear a lot of good things, and when Michael Allred illustrated an issue (17), decided to pick it up. Despite Allred's artwork, I found the story-telling bland and forgettable. So my question is; was that issue not representative of what Waid is doing on the title, or does his writing just not resonate with me they way it does for many here?

I just finished issue 36 and man is this a solid book. For some reason it ends up at the bottom of my stack each month, then I read it and I'm blown away by it. If you aren't reading it, issue 37 is looking like a great jumping on point.

Oh and threadsurrection!

If anyone hasn't read daredevil a day in their life, now would be a good time to pick it up. Since this currently volume just ended people can just pick it up and read it straight through in time for the new run to start. I wonder if they'll be doing an omnibus for Waid's run hm Who am I kidding that's a sure thing