• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Waid Daredevil.

88 posts in this topic

Well, dumb question I guess? Could I start reading it now or should I really finish the Bendis/Maleev and Brubaker issues first? (shrug)

Definitely read the Bendis/Maleev first. They're fantastic also and that's the run that got me back into reading comics again (thumbs u

Well, dumb question I guess? Could I start reading it now or should I really finish the Bendis/Maleev and Brubaker issues first? (shrug)

Definitely read the Bendis/Maleev first. They're fantastic also and that's the run that got me back into reading comics again (thumbs u

I've been meaning to get the trade, heard nothing but good things about it

They bought Daredevil back from the dead in my opinion.

It's sad that was the case, DD is one of the greatest characters ever. I think Waids run adds a lot of depth to him. Definitely one of my favorite titles right now

I was never a big Daredevil fan but I like Bendis so took a chance on the Bendis/Maleev run and havent looked back. Still reading it and Daredevil is now one of my fav marvel characters.

This is the only Modern I buy now. I missed the first 12 issues, but was able to pick up pretty easily what was going on in the story arc. Really love this comic.

Wish I could say the same for Waid's Hulk...... :sick:

It's sad that was the case, DD is one of the greatest characters ever. I think Waids run adds a lot of depth to him. Definitely one of my favorite titles right now

+1. DD was always my favorite character as a kid. I just thought he was such a bad @ss. As a 34 year old lawyer now, I have even MORE of an appreciation for DD! I looked at some of those issues from Volume 1 before the relaunch. :sick: I really got into the first Bendis issues on DD Vol. 2 starting with #16. The story with Leap Frog's kid. Very touching stuff. Then starting with Bendis/Maleev, I'm loving it. I really want to get through all of them and then Brubaker before I pick up Waid. It's driving me crazy though - the Waid TPB is sitting there! doh!

But Daredevil just :headbang:

Best "spandex" hero book on the market for YEARS!

Seriously, which other modern title has consistently good stories? Month in and out?

None.

Best Marvel book by far the last 15 or so years!

Best "spandex" hero book on the market for YEARS!

Seriously, which other modern title has consistently good stories? Month in and out?

None.

Best Marvel book by far the last 15 or so years!

^^

As great as the 1st 26 issues were, 27 was a bit of a let down.

SPOILER ALERT (don't read if you don't want to know):

Especially with Ikari and Lady Bullseye being carted off at the end.

It seems obvious that Bullseye will come back blind but with Daredevil's sixth sense. So he should technically be better because of his aim ability and the sixth sense. The disabled body will be resolved somehow.

Pat