• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales to Astonish 13/ PLANET X

239 posts in this topic

You're also living in the UK where distribution is going to be more spotty. 2c The census is just graded copies, sure, but its hard fact and verifiable which is more than can be said for any one fan's personal experience, mine included.

I have bought and looked through 100s of collections, this book was always missing.

I also used to be in a comic club with over 40 members, no one had this issue, agree the distribution was ify at best back in the day, its definitely a hard book to find in the UK

I agree. I hardly ever saw this issue for sale. Since the movie hype I have seen a lot more for sale at crazy prices. Because people who had one dug it out to cash in. But before the hype I saw this comic only a few times for sale.

You've got to be kidding me. This copy had the cover detached at the top staple and went for $1775. What would that be? A 1.8? This is pure madness.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-to-Astonish-13-1960-Groot-Abominable-Snowman-/310720743268?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=VKUdzmx9OXzSfrT5cPdX5RlkOwI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I watched that auction, the high bidder has low feedback, seems a little shilly to me. hm

Yeah you're probably right. The price was driven up by two bidders, both with high percentages of their bids with that one seller. The winning bidder had 100% of their bids placed with that seller in the last 30 days.

Still, if the auction had been legit, the winner would've ended up shelling out $950 on that book. Still a crazy sum for that beater.

Also, if you have a tta 13 at a 8.0 cgc, then i would pay $3800.00, 8.5 cgc i would pay $4500.00, 9.0cgc i would pay $. 6200.00 for it, so let me kow

I realize the book is far rarer...but how is this book more valuable in grade than ASM 14? (shrug)