• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance of Doomsday??

262 posts in this topic

I tried to win an auction just the other day for a 5th print of #18. I only put in one bid $.50 over the start price and lost. Oh well, I've never seen one in person either. The winning bidder got the whole set for $8 which included several other later printing books from that run of comics. They were kind of too low grade for me to try too hard really though. All were like 6.5 to 8.0 sooooo...

I'd bet on MOS 17 over 18.

By the time 18 came out, everyone knew about it and we bought heavily. I still have 8 copies of 18 I bought off the shelf. Only have one copy of 17 from back in those days and it's a VF+. 17 was the money book of that run for awhile, simply because it was harder to find than 18 (the official part 1) or any DoS issues after it.

meh

I got 4 9.8 copies of MOS 17 :)

:takeit:

:baiting:

Lets see them..... :popcorn:

You'll see a lot of things from me in a few months...piling a mountain of copper/modern aged keys in 9.8 that will soon be for sale all in 9.8..Im talking MOS 18 9.8's, MOS 18 2nd print, Todd #1's, ASM 300-328 in 9.8, multiple copies, Key 9.8 copies of Uncanny X-Men 221,244, 282's 1st and 2nd prints, Mcfarlane Hulk 345's all in 9.8. Early Batman 52's under #10 all in 9.8, ASM 361's and many more!

You'll see a lot of things from me in a few months...piling a mountain of copper/modern aged keys in 9.8 that will soon be for sale all in 9.8..Im talking MOS 18 9.8's, MOS 18 2nd print, Todd #1's, ASM 300-328 in 9.8, multiple copies, Key 9.8 copies of Uncanny X-Men 221,244, 282's 1st and 2nd prints, Mcfarlane Hulk 345's all in 9.8. Early Batman 52's under #10 all in 9.8, ASM 361's and many more!

:o

:takeit:

:baiting:

Lets see them..... :popcorn:

:applause:

:popcorn:

Awesome thread! Love me some Doomsday myself. "Killer" memories of that story back in the day and long lines for sups #75 and some armbands. Comic store owners literally had an "owned" face on their faces. Like they didn't know what to do with all the people demanding 75. I think it went from.. "wow, sweetness....bunches of new buyers".....to..."oh spoon...the natives are getting restlesss in line quick!". lol

I just acquired the last of the quintuplets. All were found in the wild and now I'm hoping to complete the whole set of the later printings. Just need a couple more.

SupermanManofSteel181stPrint_zpsfe9edee4.jpg

SupermanManofSteel182ndPrint_zps85c1fcac.jpg

SupermanManofSteel183rdPrint_zps8f84d145.jpg

SupermanManofSteel184thPrint_zpsae280bcd.jpg

SupermanManofSteel185thPrint_zps7bba7dfc.jpg

WOW! Never thought this thread could go so far.

Also CGC 9.8's were going for under $80 before I made this thread. What is going on?? I hope mine are 9.8's, because I bought both of them for $9.

I have about six copies of 18 and five of 17 that are easy 9.8s....These will be heading off to Sarasota very soon which I will then be sending to Bosco as a gift out of the kindness of my heart

:luhv:

:shy:

I just acquired the last of the quintuplets. All were found in the wild and now I'm hoping to complete the whole set of the later printings. Just need a couple more.

WOW! Never thought this thread could go so far.

Also CGC 9.8's were going for under $80 before I made this thread. What is going on?? I hope mine are 9.8's, because I bought both of them for $9.

They were going for more than that before the thread

Imagine if they actually announce Doomsday in any upcoming MOS movie?

This title will be off the chain in a major way!!!

Lots of raws out there aren't even close to 9.8.

Nice set, but none are 9.8 candidates. The 1st print may be a 9.4, and all of the others are lower. :grin: