• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance of Doomsday??

262 posts in this topic

Sales still red hot on raws and slabs on the bay...

I know, I have 4 copies of MOS 17 in an easy 9.8, all 4 are newsstand copies and 3 copies of MOS 18 and 1 newsstand copy all at CGC right now.

Kevin, could you please do a better job of keeping me updated on what you have at CGC and what is on its way their. I just don't feel like you are posting about it enough.

I know, I have 4 copies of MOS 17 in an easy 9.8, all 4 are newsstand copies and 3 copies of MOS 18 and 1 newsstand copy all at CGC right now.

Kevin, could you please do a better job of keeping me updated on what you have at CGC and what is on its way their. I just don't feel like you are posting about it enough.

:roflmao:

I'll do my best!

Yeah, I wasn't looking for a particular grade, I just wanted to find them all and not spend a lot doing so. I pick these up whenever and wherever I find them.
(thumbs u Good job!

Update:

Just got another MOS 18, so that makes 4 copies now, also found 2 more MOS 17's in the box I had.

The Death of Superman run was very short (December 1992 to January 1993), but some fun issues.

- Superman: Man of Steel 17 (Here Be Monsters), Doomsday prequel page #1, November, 1992 (A: 9/1992)

- Action Comics Vol 1 683 (The Trail of the Jackal), Doomsday prequel page #2, November, 1992 (A; 9/1992)

- Superman Vol 2 73 (Time Ryders), Doomsday prequel page #3, November, 1992 (A: 9/1992)

- Adventures of Superman Vol 1 496 (Truth and Consequences), Doomsday prequel page #4, November, 1992 (A: 9/1992)

- Superman: Man of Steel 18 (Doomsday! Part One), 1st full Doomsday, December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Justice League America Vol 1 69 (Down for the Count), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Superman Vol 2 74 (Countdown To Doomsday!), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Adventures of Superman Vol 1 497 (Under Fire), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Action Comics Vol 1 684 (... Doomsday is Near!), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Superman: Man of Steel Vol 1 19 (Doomsday Is Here!), December, 1992 (A: 10/1992)

- Superman Vol 2 75 (Doomsday!), January, 1993 (A: 11/18/1992)

Good times!

:bump:

For the Top 100 DC list consideration.

Update:

Just got another MOS 18, so that makes 4 copies now, also found 2 more MOS 17's in the box I had.

Soooo, will these 9.8's be for sale??? :cool:

Update:

Sure will!

Update:

Sure will!

So whats the difference with newsstand and direct editions of these?? Is one harder to grade at 9.8 than the other??

Update:

Sure will!

So whats the difference with newsstand and direct editions of these?? Is one harder to grade at 9.8 than the other??

I think it's a given that later Copper newstand copies will always be more difficult to find in grade than their direct market counterparts.

Update:

Sure will!

I think it's a given that later Copper newstand copies will always be more difficult to find in grade than their direct market counterparts.

I kinda figure that, but does the same 9.8 comic newstand versus direct market have any difference in price??

Update:

Sure will!

I kinda figure that, but does the same 9.8 comic newstand versus direct market have any difference in price??

Yes it does since they are much harder to find in HG

No doubt. Everyone knows you shouldn't start a sentence or thread title with a number. Duh!

lol, was a bit more concerned about "Apperance" vs. "Appearance", but I guess that number was a bit more glaring.

No doubt. Everyone knows you shouldn't start a sentence or thread title with a number. Duh!

lol, was a bit more concerned about "Apperance" vs. "Appearance", but I guess that number was a bit more glaring.

Yeah, I know. I was just having some fun. But I think the typo works well in this instance since it's a clear indication that doomsday is already upon us.