• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first CGC submission via local shop - how to get over the wait?

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

This afternoon I drove over to my local shop and dropped off three Maxx #1 Ashcans (Blue, Red, and Yellow) to be submitted to CGC.

I paid the extra 10 for "expedited service."

The total tab for three books expedited through the shop ran me around $135.

I can swallow the tab, but the guy who helped me out, ended with, "we'll give you a call to come get them in 6-8 weeks."

Then he warned it could take longer due to SDCC.

I don't know how I'm going to make it waiting to A. get them back, and B. find out their grades.

This is my first CGC submission and wait.

Does anyone have any advice to get over the wait and anxiety?

Seems like so long!

:pullhair::ohnoez:

Hi,

This afternoon I drove over to my local shop and dropped off three Maxx #1 Ashcans (Blue, Red, and Yellow) to be submitted to CGC.

I can swallow the tab, but the guy who helped me out, ended with, "we'll give you a call to come get them in 6-8 weeks."

I don't know how I'm going to make it waiting to A. get them back, and B. find out their grades.

Seems like so long!

should have asked on the boards how to submit yourself. i cant remember what it cost me my first time submitting but i think it was cheaper than $135 with registered mail selected. i think they have ups as an option for online submissions now which would have made it under $100 and you would have had them back before 6-8 weeks. chances are good that they havent shipped them yet, or will ship them anytime soon, if you want to do it yourself...

Hi,

Seems like so long!

OMG........I would get a strike if I answer this post honestly!

I have anxiety just reading what you just submitted to CGC and are worried about.

Hi,

Seems like so long!

should have asked on the boards how to submit yourself. i cant remember what it cost me my first time submitting but i think it was cheaper than $135 with registered mail selected. i think they have ups as an option for online submissions now which would have made it under $100 and you would have had them back before 6-8 weeks. chances are good that they havent shipped them yet, or will ship them anytime soon, if you want to do it yourself...

There is no way to get it under $100 with Fast Track & Registered Shipping:

(3) x Modern Submission @$18 $54

(3) x Fast Track @$10 $30

CGC Invoice Fee $5

USPS Registered Mail (Insured for $200 each) $37

Total $126

If the shop owner only charged $9 for shipping the (3) to CGC then that was very reasonable.

"we'll give you a call to come get them in 6-8 weeks."

Just wait until you get into signing and sketch opps. 8 weeks is called the Warming Up Period.

Congrats on your first submission.

It's really tough waiting it out. Good advise posted so far is to start hunting down your next submission and for future reference, take pics of your gems so you can lovingly stare at them until they get back.

It takes a while, but after a few submissions, you get used to the wait. :)

I splurged in the evening on a Image United #1 Todd McFarlane Sketch Cover (Spawn) in CGC SS 9.9 signed by Todd.

It will be my first 9.9 book :)

It helped the pain in the moment, but I woke up today missing my Maxxs!

Thank you everyone for your advice! It does feel better knowing others are waiting for the same packages!