• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-23 not Wolverine's Daughter

30 posts in this topic

I just read an article in the new Wizard special mag. featuring Wolvy's 30th anniversary, and it says that X-23 is actually a clone of Wolverine, not his daughter.

You may discuss now... yay.gif

It cant be a clone because clones are genetic copies.

If X-23 is female then she is either not a clone or wolverine is really a woman

I just read an article in the new Wizard special mag. featuring Wolvy's 30th anniversary, and it says that X-23 is actually a clone of Wolverine, not his daughter.

confused-smiley-013.gif I just work here.

Maybe she's really a guy, but has not figured out that the "tool" works the same way the claws do.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe she's really a guy, but has not figured out that the "tool" works the same way the claws do.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Ha, or had an accident with the claws blush.gif

"It cant be a clone because clones are genetic copies.

If X-23 is female then she is either not a clone or wolverine is really a woman"

Kinda chances your perspective as to "What" it is that Wolverine is the "best at what he does" 893whatthe.gif

If X-23 is female then she is either not a clone or wolverine is really a woman.

Depends on how they replicated the cells. Essentially all eggs are female, it's the addition of an extra chromasone which creates the male of the species. If Logan's genetic material was manipulated to remove or exclude the chromasone that makes him a male then introduced that manipulated DNA into a fertilized egg they would definitely end up with a female clone. Hydra probably figured that a female Wolverine would be more docile and trainable than a male one. Whether or not this can actually be done, is speculative... but this is a comic, there's something called suspension of disbelief.

In issue 3 of X-Men: The End (which came out last week) they refer to X-23 as a clone of Wolverine.

If X-23 is female then she is either not a clone or wolverine is really a woman.

Depends on how they replicated the cells. Essentially all eggs are female, it's the addition of an extra chromasone which creates the male of the species. If Logan's genetic material was manipulated to remove or exclude the chromasone that makes him a male then introduced that manipulated DNA into a fertilized egg they would definitely end up with a female clone. Hydra probably figured that a female Wolverine would be more docile and trainable than a male one. Whether or not this can actually be done, is speculative... but this is a comic, there's something called suspension of disbelief.

In issue 3 of X-Men: The End (which came out last week) they refer to X-23 as a clone of Wolverine.

Lets Just call her Benjamina Reiley

a Clone is a gentic duplicate.

If they manipulated the DNA then its not identical andfore its a para clone.. Like miles Warren made to create the first Gwen duplicate

you all are missing the REAL point, which is this: NYX #3's are gonna drop in value now, just after lots of people started running the price up!

There were just enought hints by Marvel that the Wolvie as Daddy plot was rumor only. But of course too many people didn't read between the lines and are gonna get burned.

Actually had a copy in my hands last week and almost laid down the $15 asking price...instead, I put it back and then bought a Oeming Thor #80 off of ebay for the same $15. I think I dun good. crazy.gif

Depends on how they replicated the cells. Essentially all eggs are female, it's the addition of an extra chromasone which creates the male of the species. If Logan's genetic material was manipulated to remove or exclude the chromasone that makes him a male then introduced that manipulated DNA into a fertilized egg they would definitely end up with a female clone.

screwy.gif

Eggs have 1 X chromosome and 22 autosomes. Sperm has either 1 X chromosome or 1 Y chromosome and 22 autosomes. XX = female, XY=male. Once all 46 parts combine you get the DNA that makes a person. I guess (in a strictly comic book way) one could possible to extract the Y chromosome portion out of a DNA sequence and replace it with some sort of X chromosome something but the DNA would be pretty much screwed. You see, X chromosomes contain over 1000 different genes but Y chromosomes only 300-400. They would have to create some new genes in order to make him/her truley female.

It's all so confusing... insane.gif

While this is all fun and games, who cares? Whether she's a clone, a para-clone or a para-sailer she was created using Wolverine's DNA. Good science or bad science, when has that mattered in a comic?

Genetic mutations don't give you superpowers either.