• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Humidity at the CGC Offices

95 posts in this topic

I just got a batch of books back from CGC and all of them are "wavy" from humidity (most visible at the top of the book).

This has never happened to me before.

Did the air conditioners at CGC break down or something?

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Thanks.

Yes, the books themselves. It's not terrible, but if you look down at the tops of the books themselves, they are wavy, as if they were left in a high humidity environment.

These were all from the same submission, and all of them are like this.

I just got a batch of books back from CGC and all of them are "wavy" from humidity (most visible at the top of the book).

Thanks.

Were they ever pressed?

DG

Yes, the books themselves. It's not terrible, but if you look down at the tops of the books themselves, they are wavy, as if they were left in a high humidity environment.

CGC is in Florida and this is the summer. Hot and humid is the norm. If they sat for a while - before or after slabbing - in a non air conditioned environment I suppose it's possible. Could even be the exposure was during shipping?

Did you have the books pressed? What "era" are the books (when were they printed)? I've seen some moderns that had a bit of waviness or roll the day they arrived from the printers. Both books printed on deluxe paper and books like say the Simpsons that are printed on newsprint the weight of tissue paper.

I am sitting on my submission coupon to avoid all of this. I would not want to be in Florida during this time of year, why would I want my books there?

Sadly though the coupon expires in October... so I am thinking that September is the date to send the books in. July and August have to be worse than that.

Thanks.

Were they ever pressed?

DG

No, but they probably need to be now...

I am sitting on my submission coupon to avoid all of this. I would not want to be in Florida during this time of year, why would I want my books there?

Sadly though the coupon expires in October... so I am thinking that September is the date to send the books in. July and August have to be worse than that.

Wise decision, obi wan

CGC is in Florida and this is the summer. Hot and humid is the norm. If they sat for a while - before or after slabbing - in a non air conditioned environment I suppose it's possible. Could even be the exposure was during shipping?

Did you have the books pressed? What "era" are the books (when were they printed)? I've seen some moderns that had a bit of waviness or roll the day they arrived from the printers. Both books printed on deluxe paper and books like say the Simpsons that are printed on newsprint the weight of tissue paper.

They were mostly late bronze, early copper Marvels. I will try to get a pic up soon.

It could have happened in shipping, but there is no way of knowing.

September isn't all that cool down here either, Buzz.

:eek:

-slym

It has to be better than July and August... the only thing I am worried about is Hurricane Season...

hm

They were mostly late bronze, early copper Marvels. I will try to get a pic up soon.

It could have happened in shipping, but there is no way of knowing.

How long were they down at CGC - what was the tier/ service - economy, standard - something else?

September isn't all that cool down here either, Buzz.

:eek:

-slym

It has to be better than July and August...

Not worse, but really no better...

the only thing I am worried about is Hurricane Season...

hm

December, then?

:o

-slym ( ;) )