• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slabbing Mini-Comics

11 posts in this topic

Hey all, I just grabbed this goofy mini-comic from '66 off of ebay; happened to catch it just as it was being listed and it was too intruiging too pass up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2270444690&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I'm thinking I'd like to slab it, but I've never sent in a smaller-sized comic before. I've seen other people selling slabbed minis, though. Anybody had any luck with this? How do I know if CGC will accept a book this size? If not, what happens, do they just send it back to me unslabbed?

Weird looking book, ain't it? 27_laughing.gif

I have 2 mint sets of the Marvel Mini books from '66. I recently asked Steve if CGC would grade them and he said, "not at this time."

Marvel Minis were sold in gumball machines. They may be the world's smallest comic books...

If you open them, they fall apart. The Millie the Model is the toughest one.

If they did grade them, I wonder what the holder would look like! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For you magazine collectors out there, Steve did say that CGC would start grading non-comic book magazines at the end of this year or early next year. I have a Sports Illustrated # 1 and a National Lampoon # 1 I'd like to get slabbed...

--Gary

I think they have slabbed the disney mini comics but they are about 2x7 or so.

I also have a really nice Sports Illustrated #1. It came in its own leather holder with a COA. I think that there was a find of a few boxes that were never circulated.

597639-si1f2.jpg.a86fc409e3d5441f5fa95094fca2d817.jpg

For you magazine collectors out there, Steve did say that CGC would start grading non-comic book magazines at the end of this year or early next year.

This is really unbelievable!!! CGC is painfully slow in turning around its core product, comic books, but instead of continuing to improve its turnaround times in this area, it is instead broadening the types of materials it will grade, which will undoubtedly further slow down its turnaround times for comics. 893frustrated.gif

I am a CGC supporter, so I hope what I'm saying here is taken as constructive criticism. But I guess we're seeing what Bill Gates and John D. Rockefeller have always known, "Life is good when you've got a monopoly".