• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #4 - Production issue?

21 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed the vertical lines running down the cover to the left of Wonder Woman? I went to 3 different LCS's today only to find all had the same production issue. It is quite visable.

Anyone find decent copies without this defect?

Mine had the same problem. At first I thought maybe a box-cutter had gotten it.

I haven't seen one like you describe...yet.

The real production issue with Identity Crisis #4 was that it was originally made with a "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" poster at the centerfold, which made the 2-page splash near impossible to read. So they had them re-done or removed. CGC has done 6 copies of ID #4 with the poster included, all of them from Michael Bair, who submitted his advance copies in Baltimore. cloud9.gif (4 of them were Signature Series). cloud9.gif

We treated the poster insert the way we do Mark Jewelers inserts; it is noted in the grading text if it is there. cool.gif

I haven't seen one like you describe...yet.

The real production issue with Identity Crisis #4 was that it was originally made with a "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" poster at the centerfold, which made the 2-page splash near impossible to read. So they had them re-done or removed. CGC has done 6 copies of ID #4 with the poster included, all of them from Michael Bair, who submitted his advance copies in Baltimore. cloud9.gif (4 of them were Signature Series). cloud9.gif

We treated the poster insert the way we do Mark Jewelers inserts; it is noted in the grading text if it is there. cool.gif

Jinkies. Now I have to find some. You're a SICK MAN, Litch! A sick sick man! Now where are my Amethysts? grin.gif

Now where are my Amethysts? grin.gif

893whatthe.gif

You are not referring to the price variant Amethsyts are you? Now those are hard books to find!

cloud9.gif

My price variant Amethysts are, apparently, variants of the variant. Overstreet lists the price variants at 75 cents. Mine have 35 cent cover prices. I played "Stump CGC" last week in Baltimore - they had to go back to Sarasota for further investigation. Always cool to submit books that CGC's never seen before. grin.gif

My price variant Amethysts are, apparently, variants of the variant. Overstreet lists the price variants at 75 cents. Mine have 35 cent cover prices. I played "Stump CGC" last week in Baltimore - they had to go back to Sarasota for further investigation. Always cool to submit books that CGC's never seen before. grin.gif

Somewhere in time Overstreet changed the way these books are listed in the guide. I have a copy of the 20th, 21st and 23rd editions that list the variants as being 35 cent issues. Yet the latest edition does have them as 75 cents.

Either way, I have only seen one or two copies of these books in the past few years. Will you be selling them?

Has anyone else noticed the vertical lines running down the cover to the left of Wonder Woman? I went to 3 different LCS's today only to find all had the same production issue. It is quite visable.

Anyone find decent copies without this defect?

Have visited 2 more places, lucky for me work has me running around screwy.gif, all have the same issue.

A picture was requested, the best way I can show it is with flash exposure.

Identitycrisis-coverscratching.jpg

Enjoy!

Bill

So... if Wonder Woman's lasso on the cover forms a noose using a bowline knot with a dutch marine twist...maybe she should be on the list of suspects too? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When she uses the lasso doe it become a bondage issue?