• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Bait and Switch...

25 posts in this topic

Yeah, I did a quick Google and CGG is what PGX use to be, so you are correct.

Look at the guy's description though, it REPEATEDLY says this is a CGC book. The seller is obviously trying to pass it off as a CGC book.

I agree, it LOOKS nice but...

"rare 9.6" ?!?!? ???

Theres 61 9.8's and 213 9.6's for gods sakes!!! Other than MAYBE Hulk 181, thats gotta be about the most common 9.6+ Marvel "key" there is!!! :screwy:

"rare 9.6" ?!?!? ???

Theres 61 9.8's and 213 9.6's for gods sakes!!! Other than MAYBE Hulk 181, thats gotta be about the most common 9.6+ Marvel "key" there is!!! :screwy:

:gossip: GSX 1

"rare 9.6" ?!?!? ???

Cgc numbers are so altered because of the pressing and resub game. Who knows what the actual tally is.

I think that's PGX before it was PGX...

and I'm not aware of any Mark Jewelers inserts into ASM 129. Maybe someone can clarify if that's the case?

Book does look solid though..I'll say that

yeah, i think there were mj asm 129's im pretty sure i sold one not too long ago.

"rare 9.6" ?!?!? ???

Cgc numbers are so altered because of the pressing and resub game. Who knows what the actual tally is.

This. As a general rule.

I think that's PGX before it was PGX...

and I'm not aware of any Mark Jewelers inserts into ASM 129. Maybe someone can clarify if that's the case?

Book does look solid though..I'll say that

yeah, i think there were mj asm 129's im pretty sure i sold one not too long ago.

Yep.

"rare 9.6" ?!?!? ???

This. As a general rule.

True but it DEFINITELY isnt a "rare" HG book! Far, far, FAR from it!

Mycomicshop.com has a list of the MJ variants. http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=573491 The 129 is on there. Given PGX's penchant for upgrading books I have to say looking at these pictures it really is a very very nice book. Granted I think the seller may just be stupid and thinks CGG is CGC. O well

I remember buying a CGG book on accident once. I thought it was an old label CGC book until I got it home and attempted to enter it on the registry!

Fortunately the seller took it back.

The acronyms are so close they appear identical at a quick glance. I guess that's what I got for being too trigger happy, but I chalk it up to a learning experience. I was just getting back into the hobby when I made the purchase.

to be fair, I don't think there's very many CGG ASM 129 9.6

"rare 9.6" ?!?!? ???

This. As a general rule.

True but it DEFINITELY isnt a "rare" HG book! Far, far, FAR from it!

Depends on your perspective. 20 years ago an issue with a print-run of 300 copies would probably be considered "rare" by plenty of folks in a world where 200 of those copies aren't up for sale on the interweb over the course of a year.

"rare 9.6" ?!?!? ???

Yes, but only a few CGG copies on the census! Very rare!