• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This comic getting hot?

17 posts in this topic

It's been heating up for the last two years. It's seen a 100% run-up in value. I think a lot of people are just flocking to DC keys on the perception that they're undervalued. Does anyone honestly give a diddly-poo about Supergirl?

The price increase doesn't have anything to do with MoS. I've been looking for one of these for a while now and as Mishmashman said, prices have been going up for quite a while without any bump from any movie related speculator nonsense.

Unfortunately for me, the same is true of both of the other books I am looking for as well, Sgt. Fury #1 and Strange Tales #110. All three books have jumped up significantly in the last couple of years. I think we're just seeing an overdue price correction on keys that have been overlooked in the past, but now have become the "affordable" keys as bigger books are getting priced out of some collector's price ranges.

Strange Tales #110 could also be getting a movie bump as well, but I don't believe Action #252 is at all.

I agree with Crimebuster that Action 252 is not getting a movie bump at all -- which is good from a volatility-risk perspective.

Action 252 is a semi-key that has been underappreciated for a long time until the last couple of years. It's also not terribly easy to find like Marvel semi-keys. I think that's what's causing the run up in pricing. She already had her time in 1984 with her own film, and whether they insert her in MOS 2 or JLA is really speculative at this point. So I wouldn't add "movie speculation" into the basis for the run-up in pricing, but rather because it's a DC semi-key that has been overlooked until now, relative to Marvel semi-key peer books.

Also, I wouldn't put much faith in what Overstreet reports. Look at GPA instead.

Thats true, l think your rite. My own opinion is that movie speculation is also a factor which is driving prices up though.

I wonder how high that AC 252 will sell for. Maybe twice price guide ? This heritage august auction has some crazy money .

Thats true, l think your rite. My own opinion is that movie speculation is also a factor which is driving prices up though.

I wonder how high that AC 252 will sell for. Maybe twice price guide ? This heritage august auction has some crazy money .

GPA reports a sale of a 6.0 last week for $1,500. So figure the price will land around there. OPG pricing is not indicative for a book of this type.

I have this on my list of things to buy. Speculation took a spike when Man of Steel showed the empty Kryptonian cryo-chamber aboard the scout ship.

Also... I could see All Star Comics 58 spiking again as a viable alternative for those looking for possible Kryptonian women that could be seen on screen.

I recently found a 9.6 for a price I liked.