• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Pedigree comics make baby cry.

409 posts in this topic

Wow they actually scrubbed all the baby Jesus references. So how exactly are we deciding what's offensive and what's not?

Well, except that one...^^^^^^

oh just give it a few minutes...

Wow they actually scrubbed all the baby Jesus references. So how exactly are we deciding what's offensive and what's not?

Well, except that one...^^^^^^

oh just give it a few minutes...

:ohnoez:

I never understood the fascination of Pedigrees. They are just books owned by one person versus some books owned by two or more people.

I dont see the difference between a 9.8 pedigree and a 9.8 Regular book. both are 9.8.

For me, if I had the choice between two books that had the same structure, centering, page quality, and general freshness, I'd go with non-pedigree copy and put the savings into other books.

But if I'm buying or bidding just based on scans, there are certain pedigrees like the Curators or Bostons for which I'd be willing to pay a premium. I like books that have a fresh quality and certain pedigrees have that in a big way.

Oh, and signatures on pedigree books or any high-grade silver or gold books makes me sad. I know they're not my books and people can do what they want to their own stuff. It's the same way I'd feel sad if somebody put a tattoo on their baby's forehead.

Ok, Im always hesitant to start a thread on friday, fearing for the dreaded Friday meme-fest, lock-a-palooza that seems most likely on a Friday.

But now it's 12 midnight here on the east coast.

We've made it thru 20+ pages,200+ posts, and 14+ hours of actual discussion with vastly differing opinions, and only occasional snarkiness and mild name calling. For a topic as divisive as pedigree value & signing comic books I'd like to say well done forumites :golfclap:

See it CAN BE done!

Ok, Im always hesitant to start a thread on friday, fearing for the dreaded Friday meme-fest, lock-a-palooza that seems most likely on a Friday.

We've made it thru 20+ pages,200+ posts, and 14+ hours of actual discussion with vastly differing opinions, and only occasional snarkiness and mild name calling. For a topic as divisive as pedigree value & signing comic books I'd like to say well done forumites :golfclap:

See it CAN BE done!

Time for a beer I'd say :makepoint:

See it CAN BE done!

I'll drink to that!

Senormac-Oakman-Norm-Cliff.jpg

See it CAN BE done!

I'll drink to that!

Senormac-Oakman-Norm-Cliff.jpg

You took the battery out of your watch again didn't you ?? Just so it would always be "time for a beer" lol

I'm not a fan of signed books, period. I've never understood the appeal. I consider it a defect just like any other writing on the cover.

I agree. I won't be adding any signed books to my collection.

Heaven forbid anytime in the next 50 years there occurs an event that puts into questions the legitimacy of every SS book. What if the SS program falls apart? How much are collectors going to enjoy having all those SS pedigree books then?

I see you you've started keeping a daydream journal.

To be fair, all it would really take is one fake sig in a SS slab to bring the whole thing down.

How sure are you that a SS witness will never go rogue?

I don't see where the motivation would be for the CAW. It's not as though they're paid per signature they witness so there wouldn't be money to be made from that angle. The majority of SS signings take place at cons or are privately arranged by facilitators and have to be approved by CGC. I somehow doubt that there's enough money changing hands to tempt anyone acting as a CAW to make it worth their time to do that.

I think it's been said, but all in all, it comes down to what book is being SS, and what Pedigree it's from. Some books that have been posted, actually look pretty good with a signature. I don't necessarily agree with Northland AV4 being signed though. At least not by Stan Lee(most common signature you can find on a marvel SS) and Joe Simon. Look on the bright side though. There is another AV4 in the Ohio Pedigree that someone actually smart enough to keep the book universal, and it's in a higher grade.

Oh and, if that's a smudge on that Green Lantern 85, I'd say that book has been desecrated.

personally i see no reason why there are pedigrees. I really don't care if an old man stored three boxes for 30 years and lived on walnut street.
lol

This is pretty much how I view pedigrees as well but that’s just me though I can understand why some others may be interested in pedigree books.

I agree with another poster … if there are two equally nice 9.6 books, I’m buying the book with the lowest cost and use the savings for other books.