• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Pedigree comics make baby cry.

409 posts in this topic

what happened to Jesus ?? It's nice to see him aknowledged once in awhile :luhv:

While it‘s clear Met did not mean to be disrespectful, it’s all in understanding properly moderating a comic book forum based on the meaning of "taking the name of God in vain". ;)

which is fine, but means we need a NO RELIGION stickied right next to NO POLITICS.

and since Norse Mythos falls under religion, that means no Thor talk

and since mysticism falls under religion, no Dr Strange.

No Battle Pope talk, no discussion of messianic imagery with Jesus... and so on...

Im just saying its a slippery slope considering how religion is intimately intertwined with comics...

[all tongue in cheek]

the mods must be a part of..... uh.....

:gossip:them..... you know, that secret organization thats attempting to rule the world, even to the controlling of what words we can use. Indian, chief, warrior, brave and redskin are also on their hit list. And another thing..... uh oh.... here they come... gotta go

The creators seem to have no problem signing books for money yet they get a pass. Interesting but not surprising.

The whole IDEA of a pedigree is to make more money off the comic lol

"Ohh well this 9.4 is a pedigree so it's worth more than that 9.4" = more cash.

As a whole, I don't really understand the pedigree designation and resulting price bump either. Certain pedigrees - like the Gains file copies - I can definitely see the appeal of those.

But my understanding is that part of the appeal of pedigrees is the state of preservation. Originally, pedigrees were sold as the best examples of books out there. However, it seems like a large number of pedigree copies I've seen are less attractive then non-pedigree copies in comparable grade. Or the pedigree has a common tell like a big ugly grease pencil. And yet the pedigree still fetches a premium - that I just don't get at all.

That being said, I do cringe a bit when I see high-grade Gold and Silver SS books, pedigree or otherwise. It's their book of course, but it may not always be. If they choose to sell, that omelette can't be unmade.

But I can't take the the purists' stance on absolutely no SS ever either. I've hade a couple of books done, but they're both mid- grade non-key Silver. The way I look at it, what's worse: "ruining" that mid-grade with a signature, or letting it languish in a dealer's stock because it's "drek". At least as a SS it'll get hung on my wall and appreciated.

I don't own any SS books, so I didn't pay much attention to the thread last night, but when I looked briefly, someone had specifically mentioned being upset about the title. My guess is, they complained, or maybe more than one person complained. The post complaining is no longer there and I'm not going to point out the poster.

I'm not Christian, and when I've seen other people use the term I would think it was a little odd, but I had no idea it was offensive, but obviously there are people with other opinions and I'm not sure it's so nice not to respect their feelings.

Why upset someone when it's not necessary? Now that I've had time to read through it, It's an interesting thread, I've learned a few things. No point in getting it locked.

I don't own any SS books, so I didn't pay much attention to the thread last night, but when I looked briefly, someone had specifically mentioned being upset about the title. My guess is, they complained, or maybe more than one person complained. The post complaining is no longer there and I'm not going to point out the poster.

I'm not Christian, and when I've seen other people use the term I would think it was a little odd, but I had no idea it was offensive, but obviously there are people with other opinions and I'm not sure it's so nice not to respect their feelings.

Why upset someone when it's not necessary? Now that I've had time to read through it, It's an interesting thread, I've learned a few things. No point in getting it locked.

It's a public service, to help them develop an o so slightly thicker skin. [you're welcome]

tumblr_mfpzm6IFsb1ruxwvqo1_500.png

Please do not offer my god a peanut. lol

I guess we differ there, it's not my job to teach someone else how to handle their religious beliefs.

It's the last place in America where folks can be openly bigoted. We respect sexual orientation, race, sex, and everything else. But it is still OK to openly mock Christians.

I guess we differ there, it's not my job to teach someone else how to handle their religious beliefs.

It's the last place in America where folks can be openly bigoted. We respect sexual orientation, race, sex, and everything else. But it is still OK to openly mock Christians.

:roflmao:

back to the topic at hand, do the more recent pedigree designations (like Savannah, or others) do a disservice to older more esteemed pedigrees?

cause for some reason I dont feel so bad seeing some of those bronze peds getting the SS treatment...

All comics in my collection are verified by me to be from the LOLCats Pedigree. They sell for a premium but each one comes with a gif of a cat playing the keyboard.

I don't necessarily agree with Northland AV4 being signed though. At least not by Stan Lee(most common signature you can find on a marvel SS) and Joe Simon

Who would you agree could sign the book? (shrug)

Stan Lee wrote Avengers #4, so there is a direct connection. If you object to him signing the book, then you're pretty much objecting to anybody signing it.

I don't necessarily agree with Northland AV4 being signed though. At least not by Stan Lee(most common signature you can find on a marvel SS) and Joe Simon

Who would you agree could sign the book? (shrug)

Stan Lee wrote Avengers #4, so there is a direct connection. If you object to him signing the book, then you're pretty much objecting to anybody signing it.

Yes, I object to anybody signing the Northland near mint copy of Avengers #4.

Your mileage may vary.