• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Pedigree comics make baby cry.

409 posts in this topic

to know that this book was part of a special collection from long ago and that it exists today in the same way that it did forty or fifty years ago.

In other words, if I could go back in time and visit the child that collected that book in 1965, it would be the same book.

+1

:eyeroll:
Given a choice of 2 copies of a book in identical grade, is there a defensible reason to sign the pedigree copy?
Yes. If you only own the pedigree copy and not the other one. (shrug)

So sell the pedigree copy, usually for more money, and buy the non-pedigree one.

:eyeroll:
Given a choice of 2 copies of a book in identical grade, is there a defensible reason to sign the pedigree copy?
Yes. If you only own the pedigree copy and not the other one. (shrug)

So sell the pedigree copy, usually for more money, and buy the non-pedigree one.

You know that there's not always time before the cut off date for submissions for a signing to do that.

I am not a fan of the SS books, but I love that CGC puts them in a yellow label. It makes them easy to spot and avoid. People that love them can do the reverse. By getting a high grade book signed, you just made a clear divide in who will buy it. People that love the SS stuff can spend the cash to buy it, people that hate it can avoid it like the plague. Would I be sad to hear someone had Burt Ward sign the Allentown Detective 38 and it now sat in a yellow label, but such is life.

I am not a fan of the SS books, but I love that CGC puts them in a yellow label. It makes them easy to spot and avoid. People that love them can do the reverse. By getting a high grade book signed, you just made a clear divide in who will buy it. People that love the SS stuff can spend the cash to buy it, people that hate it can avoid it like the plague. Would I be sad to hear someone had Burt Ward sign the Allentown Detective 38 and it now sat in a yellow label, of course, but such is life.

So nice, you got to post it twice. I love the Brandon Routh on Action 1 and Burt Ward on Tec 38 hypotheticals. Truly cringe-worthy, yet nonexistent. The real question is what if it were a crisp well placed Bill Finger sig?

Where are all you guys when Bedrock posts his Schomberg signed book? Does he get pilloried, or does his fanny get rubbed for its awesomeness? I forget.

So nice, you got to post it twice. I love the Brandon Routh on Action 1 and Burt Ward on Tec 38 hypotheticals. Truly cringe-worthy, yet nonexistent. The real question is what if it were a crisp well placed Bill Finger sig?

Where are all you guys when Bedrock posts his Schomberg signed book? Does he get pilloried, or does his fanny get rubbed for its awesomeness? I forget.

I never saw Richard's book. Ultimately anything someone does with their property is their business, but not my cup of tea. Even my example of someone doing a sig on the Allentown Detective 38 would make me sad, but if it it theirs, I got no say in it. Swap out Burt for Bob Kane (yea, I know that isn't possible now), it would still make me sad but it's their book.

About the double post, either I did it because I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person or I am trying to pad my post count, or both. I will let you decide (thumbs u

So nice, you got to post it twice. I love the Brandon Routh on Action 1 and Burt Ward on Tec 38 hypotheticals. Truly cringe-worthy, yet nonexistent.

I'm sure I saw a Captain America Comics #1 signed by Stan Lee for sale a few years ago on ebay. My desk still has headmarks on it.

How does the pedigree crew feel about sigs on the inside cover or first page? Is that anathema as well?

Actually, can you get a yellow label if it's not signed on the cover?

Used to submit exclusively for interior sigs. (thumbs u

How does the pedigree crew feel about sigs on the inside cover or first page? Is that anathema as well?

And you cost yourself a fortune on the Byrnes. :cry::foryou:

I want my MTU 53 back...

I want my MTU 53 back...

Does always bronze have it? He is a stud. I would give a lot to have started in on the yellow label back n '04.