• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what should I buy

60 posts in this topic

The big question is, "What do you want to get out of the book?" Are you trying to get something you can flip in 6 months or are you trying to snag a major key for your long term collection.

You could probably get a nice X-men 4, FF 52, or even ST 110 and flip for a nice profit in a few months.

If you want a book for your long term collection, it's more of a personal analysis. There is some very good advice in this thread. Most people get more satisfaction from one large book over several small books. It is much easier to liquidate one book if you have to. You can't really go wrong with a Marvel key. Daredevil would be one to grab if you are in to him.

If this is your first high dollar book, don't rush in. This will be cornerstone upon which your collection built so choose something that you will be happy to own even if the values go south. You're in a good place and you can't really go wrong if you follow the advice above.

Xmen #1 would be a keeper, I'm just deciding if buying one of the above other books for say 1000 and flipping it for 2000 and getting my nice xmen 4.0 would work out. Technical would only be in a 2-2200 dollar book for a grand. But that's also not saying that the ST 110 would flop ( not sayin it's going to) decisions decisions decisions

Big shout out to HS for the GPA reports and thanks to everyone else who has been helpfully

GPA is $11 a month.

No excuse not to subscribe really.

Have to wait for the next GAtor or roulette sales thread involving xmen lol

If you are looking to enjoy and read / re-read certain issues, buy nice grade copies of a few issues. I’m not a big fan of X-Men #1, despite its importance, so if you have got to choose a big book I’d either go for Giant Size X-Men #1 or a batch of the early issues in mid-grade.

If I had the cash I’d buy X-Men #8 (Blob), #11 (1st Stranger, I love the Stranger) and some Neal Adams issues… but this of course is up to your personal preferences… :)

Xmen #1 would be a keeper, I'm just deciding if buying one of the above other books for say 1000 and flipping it for 2000 and getting my nice xmen 4.0 would work out. Technical would only be in a 2-2200 dollar book for a grand. But that's also not saying that the ST 110 would flop ( not sayin it's going to) decisions decisions decisions

Big shout out to HS for the GPA reports and thanks to everyone else who has been helpfully

(thumbs u

Brother, just start saving and buy a nice 4.0 and don't look back! After 4.0, the price really starts to jump. I think that's a good target grade for you! 2c