• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,043 posts in this topic

I know this is a long thread, so I apologize in advance if this question has been posed in the past. I'm curious to know what my fellow board members favorite monster title runs are. Strange Tales 70-100, TTA 1-34, TOS 1-38, JIM 50-82 or AA 1-6/AAF 7-14. I personally would have to say the TTA run is my preferred run.

2 minutes ago, Crazy Canuck said:

I know this is a long thread, so I apologize in advance if this question has been posed in the past. I'm curious to know what my fellow board members favorite monster title runs are. Strange Tales 70-100, TTA 1-34, TOS 1-38, JIM 50-82 or AA 1-6/AAF 7-14. I personally would have to say the TTA run is my preferred run.

My problem is I like them all - can't really pick a favorite (but again, this is my main collecting focus). I've never been good at these type of questions - it's like trying to pick my favorite album or my favorite kid :)

TTA certainly has some awesome books, but TOS, ST & JIM have some classics in there as well. Even though they were short-lived, Strange Worlds and the later World of Fantasy issues both have a cool factor to them.

Great question!

-bc

3 minutes ago, bc said:

My problem is I like them all - can't really pick a favorite (but again, this is my main collecting focus). I've never been good at these type of questions - it's like trying to pick my favorite album or my favorite kid :)

TTA certainly has some awesome books, but TOS, ST & JIM have some classics in there as well. Even though they were short-lived, Strange Worlds and the later World of Fantasy issues both have a cool factor to them.

Great question!

-bc

I certainly agree...all the runs have classic issues. I also collect all the titles, including Strange Worlds and World of Fantasy

30 minutes ago, Crazy Canuck said:

I'm sort of enamored by the JIM run right now. There are SO many great covers in that run!!! I love ALL of the PHM sets, but right now for me, it's JIM!  (thumbsu

The monster runs have so many classic covers.  I'm curious to know if everyone has the ability to list their top 10.  I racked my brain over this...with that said, here is my top ten covers:

1. TOS 8

2. TTA 10

3. ST 73

4. TOS 11

5. TTA  7

6. TTA 11

7. JIM 66

8. TOS 10

9. ST 89

10. TTA 13

Honorable mentions for my potential next 5 ( AA 1, AAF 9, TTA 17, TOS 32 & JIM 71)

Edited by Crazy Canuck

5 minutes ago, Crazy Canuck said:

The monster runs have so many classic covers.  I'm curious to know if everyone has the ability to list their top 10.  I racked my brain over this by here is my top ten covers:

1. TOS 8

2. TTA 10

3. ST 73

4. TOS 11

5. TTA  7

6. TTA 11

7. JIM 66

8. TOS 10

9. ST 89

10. TTA 13

Honorable mentions for my potential next 5 ( AA 1, AAF 9, TTA 17, TOS 32 & JIM 71)

Going to have to think about this one... hm