• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bc said:

The VAST majority of my slabbed PHMs come from Clink auctions. Grabbed a few here and there from ComicConnect, HA & ebay, but CLink seems to have the best inventory on a regular basis.

-bc

Same here! I don't like that Comic Connect 3 minute thingy .... annoys the snot out of me! I DO get them from Heritage once in a while. That TOS 37 in 9.8 was just sick!!! (worship)

10 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I was wondering the same thing myself. ???

Well, the only one of the "Big 4" left is TTA. 

Then we have all the "smaller titles": AA/AAF, SW, WoF.

Getting down there. But its been really fun to do the Book of the Day thing :)

-bc

25 minutes ago, bc said:

Well, the only one of the "Big 4" left is TTA. 

Then we have all the "smaller titles": AA/AAF, SW, WoF.

Getting down there. But its been really fun to do the Book of the Day thing :)

-bc

Agreed, this has gotten me back involved in the boards in at least some small way. It is fun to post and see what others are posting.

I thought it might be TTA, but also hadn't participated prior to JIM so I wasn't sure what y'all had already done. After TTA I would totally vote for AA/AAF. Strange Worlds would also be good though a very short sequence!

4 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Agreed, this has gotten me back involved in the boards in at least some small way. It is fun to post and see what others are posting.

I thought it might be TTA, but also hadn't participated prior to JIM so I wasn't sure what y'all had already done. After TTA I would totally vote for AA/AAF. Strange Worlds would also be good though a very short sequence!

We did ST, JIM & now ToS.

If we wind up doing all the titles, that's a little less than a half a year (163 books in the PHM realm).

Have to think of a new angle after that....hm

-bc

42 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

When I was buying low grade PHMs I found that Tales to Astonish books were usually more money  than Tales of Suspense.  Is that true for high grade as well?

417B6DFF-9547-475A-AC06-80EFA244B008.jpeg

EEA7DDC8-7092-4292-8569-630586F17E80.jpeg

I'd have to say that Strange Tales is the most expensive for higher grades, then JIM. TOS & TTA are pretty much tied for third as far as price goes. For some reason Amazing Adult Fantasy seem to go for more than Amazing Adventures. Strange Worlds just doesn't have enough transactions to determine where it fits. World of Fantasy is another, but has generally been one of the less expensive titles in grade.

-bc

1 minute ago, bc said:

I'd have to say that Strange Tales is the most expensive for higher grades, then JIM. TOS & TTA are pretty much tied for third as far as price goes. For some reason Amazing Adult Fantasy seem to go for more than Amazing Adventures. Strange Worlds just doesn't have enough transactions to determine where it fits. World of Fantasy is another, but has generally been one of the less expensive titles in grade.

-bc

It has always seemed to me that TTA has an edge over TOS in terms of expense. I've always found them to be pricier on books I am looking for anyway, and it is why I have completed pre-hero TOS and still lack several TTA. This is even aside from the #13 & 27 which are completely separate issues (literally and figuratively) in that run.

I always figured that Ditko fans pushed up the AAF books. AAF also has better covers than AA in my opinion, but YMMV.

I do agree that ST is more expensive than JIM across all numbers, save for maybe the #1. Both are very tough, but I have seen more ST #1 come to market than JIM #1.