• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

#3 was the last one I needed to complete my run of #1-101.  It rarely showed up in low grade and the times it did, people wanted ridiculous prices for it.  I got in a bidding war on eBay for this one and then a week later, a similar copy sold for half the price I paid for this one.  It’s hard to be patient when you’re bidding on the last issue you need to complete a set.

A74AE9E9-E795-4476-ADA5-BF0F0ACFF158.jpeg

On 2/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

What do you want next? TTA, TOS, or JIM?  I've got complete runs of TTA and TOS, but not JIM.  I'll need help with a lot of the Thor ones.  Maybe RayJr will read this and post his?  Thor is his favorite character.  I always hesitated collecting Thor because he was always so mean to the Hulk (my favorite Marvel Super Hero).

What is your request for me to post? Sorry for the late response. Army life keeps me from my true love of collecting and interacting with you awesome folks on this chat board.

Hi Ray.  @bc was looking for some early Journey into Mystery splash page photos of the non Thor stories.  I forgot which ones he needs.  I figured you had #83-100 since you’re a Thor superfan.  We’re trying to catalog all of the early Marvel sci-fi, fantasy, and monster stories.

35 minutes ago, RayJr said:

What is your request for me to post? Sorry for the late response. Army life keeps me from my true love of collecting and interacting with you awesome folks on this chat board.

23 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Hi Ray.  @bc was looking for some early Journey into Mystery splash page photos of the non Thor stories.  I forgot which ones he needs.  I figured you had #83-100 since you’re a Thor superfan.  We’re trying to catalog all of the early Marvel sci-fi, fantasy, and monster stories.

Oh ok gotcha. I’m looking into getting 1-82 myself. My OCD wouldn’t allow me to just have 83-125 without the previous 82 books to complete the run. And yes, Thor was mean to Hulk back in the day 😂 

9 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

Saw this in a local show today and it was too good of a deal to pass up. Is there a bigger pre-hero monster than this one?

The PHM bigness champion is Sserpo from Amazing Adventures #6.

I think Monstro is second, tho.

Edited by KirbyJack

On 6/5/2021 at 10:03 AM, RICK STARR said:

Its been over 8 years ago that I picked up this copy. I could not let  this one pass me by, so I had to  bid aggressively and was fortunately able to add it to my collection. 

329584978_TTA3(2).thumb.jpg.e307cf4331467bb783632901140cc087.jpg

SUPER rich colors on this one!!!!  :applause: