• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, mysterio said:

It has always seemed to me that TTA has an edge over TOS in terms of expense. I've always found them to be pricier on books I am looking for anyway, and it is why I have completed pre-hero TOS and still lack several TTA. This is even aside from the #13 & 27 which are completely separate issues (literally and figuratively) in that run.

I always figured that Ditko fans pushed up the AAF books. AAF also has better covers than AA in my opinion, but YMMV.

I do agree that ST is more expensive than JIM across all numbers, save for maybe the #1. Both are very tough, but I have seen more ST #1 come to market than JIM #1.

In my experience, the TOS where always a little cheaper and easier to get than TTA (but not by much). I have concentrated on getting ST more than any of the other titles, but am finding that the early JIM issues I need (to include #1) are very hard to find, and quite pricey. I have been playing catch up on the JIMs for the last couple of years, but only have 76 of the 125 total issues.

56 minutes ago, RICK STARR said:

Purchased this copy raw from a book shop in an area of Maryland that I use to live in 1980. This was one of four nice copies they had, this one the better of the four that I selected. The story was they all were mixed in with a batch of old newspapers. Of course, I should have purchased them all, but $35 was a lot for me for one book.

Gorgeous copy!

I imagine anyone who started their collecting back in the 80s has a moment or three that they wish they could have backed up the truck and bought everything in sight. I know I sure do, like that AF #15 at my LCS that was $400. Luckily I did manage to purchase enough that I can't regret everything. If only I had bought one of those TTA #13s I saw at Chicago shows in the late 80s and early 90s.

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

Gorgeous copy!

I imagine anyone who started their collecting back in the 80s has a moment or three that they wish they could have backed up the truck and bought everything in sight. I know I sure do, like that AF #15 at my LCS that was $400. Luckily I did manage to purchase enough that I can't regret everything. If only I had bought one of those TTA #13s I saw at Chicago shows in the late 80s and early 90s.

My missed opportunity was in the early 90’s. A very nice copy of JIM 1 for sale for $300. Unfortunately I was a poor starving college student.