• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

There's like 2 million pre-hero's and SA horror books in the next Clink auction... a few are mine - Two Jim's #20 and #65, but man if I didn't blow my load in the last Heritage I'd be scrambling right now...

There's like 2 million pre-hero's and SA horror books in the next Clink auction... a few are mine - Two Jim's #20 and #65, but man if I didn't blow my load in the last Heritage I'd be scrambling right now...

Is it just my perception or has this thread and the group behind it single-handedly increased the desire to find higher grade copies and more and more CGC submissions in the last year or two??

Thus driving the cost of anything 7.0 and above to command multiples in guide... :devil:

I tend to be happy with copies in the 6.0 range, but seeing all the beauties here has caused me to reach for a few higher grade books than I would have typically gone for before joining the boards. I do know that before joining the boards/registry I was more worried about eye appeal and less worried about the number in the upper left corner. Nowadays I do sometimes get caught up and buy the number and get a twinge of a stomach ache afterwards (but generally a pretty book too).

Is it just my perception or has this thread and the group behind it single-handedly increased the desire to find higher grade copies and more and more CGC submissions in the last year or two??

Thus driving the cost of anything 7.0 and above to command multiples in guide... :devil:

I'm sure we have had some influence on pricing, as well as demand. There are many other collectors out there who are not on the boards, or at least don't post here, that are buying these books as well. And HG copies are constantly surging in price, which is good if you got 'em but bad if you need 'em!! :tonofbricks:

Time to :bump: this thread to see if anyone won any of those beauties in the Clink auction. It will likely be a while before we see a cavalcade of HG like that again. I had what I would call some fairly strong lowball bids on several that got killed. (Though, in the spirit of full disclosure, Korvac did tempt me out of some funds in his latest sales thread so I am not without a nice book this month.)

Yes, that clink auction had some great issues that you won't be seeing for awhile. I am still in shock that a TOS 17 8.5 hit just under 2K. :o :o :o

I really wanted to get a hold of the TOS 29 they had. :ohnoez: Maybe I can find another copy in three years. (shrug)

Edited by crimson dynamo

This was one of the best auction of pre-hero's in quite a while. Some very nice copies in high to mid-high grade, several of which aren't seen often. There were a few bargains but prices seemed strong especially considering the number of items up for sale at one time.

TTA #3 8.0!! :banana::headbang: And it went for less than the 7.0 copy did 2 Clink auctions ago!! :screwy: Prices were crazy strong on the preheros. No doubt the sheer volume of hg phs lead to some of those nosebleed prices. Glad I'm not starting my sets now or :tonofbricks::boo::slapfight::ohnoez::censored: and that's on a good day!! :o

Yes, that clink auction had some great issues that you won't be seeing for awhile. I am still in shock that a TOS 17 8.5 hit just under 2K. :o :o :o

I really wanted to get a hold of the TOS 29 they had. :ohnoez: Maybe I can find another copy in three years. (shrug)

Sorry CD about the TOS 29. I only ended up winning about a third of the pre-hero books I was after... But i will share what I did manage to snag (my wallet is still smoldering though :ohnoez:

I'm actually hoping not to see another auction with so many mid-high grade pre-hero like that again for a while... I don't think my OCD can take it!! :screwy:

TOS29ClinkMayWin.jpg

TOS11ClinkMayWin-1.jpg

TOS13ClinkMayWin-1.jpg

TTA7ClinkmayWin.jpg

TTA23ClinkMayWin.jpg

TTA26ClinkMayWin.jpg

AAF12ClinkMayWin.jpg

JIM20ClinkMaywin-1.jpg

JIM61ClinkMayWin.jpg

JIM63ClinkMaywin-1.jpg

Prices were crazy strong on the preheros. No doubt the sheer volume of hg phs lead to some of those nosebleed prices. Glad I'm not starting my sets now or :tonofbricks::boo::slapfight::ohnoez::censored: and that's on a good day!! :o

You are so right Rich... I am still in shock at most of the prices on the ones I lost out to... never mind the ones that by the time i wanted to bid were waaay out of my budget already!! Time to go back to lower grades to fill in the holes of my collection lol

BTW thanks again for the JIM 62 and 64. I can't wait till they show up :banana:

Looks like I managed to snag a 63 after all :whee:

Incredible haul! (worship)

Thanks

My eye starts to twitch when I think of the CLink invoice I have to pay now considering some of the other non pre-hero books that are on it as well.

But i know i will forget all about bills and such when these truly beautiful pieces of art show up at my door... it's scary how much I am falling in love with the whole pre-hero era :cloud9: I wonder how many others feel that same pre-hero allure hm

... or maybe I just love big monsters on covers :sumo:

Edited by HaydenTO