• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,036 posts in this topic

I like that TOS #1 and great move on getting it on the first page... but why have Stan Lee sign it? He did no work on the book (or did he?). Always curious when I see creators signatures on works they didn't create. Surely you have a thousand Stan Lee books he could have signed... again just curious as why that book...

There are plenty of reasons for Stan Lee to sign the book.

Stan was the editor in chief so, at the very least, he would have made the decision to start the title and picked the team to contribute to the book in addition to editing the stories.

Stan was the editor in chief so, at the very least, he would have made the decision to start the title and picked the team to contribute to the book in addition to editing the stories.

These were basically my rationales as well. While there are no writing credits on the book I have always thought it a safe assumption that Stan HAD to have had a hand in its creation either in writing or editing it.

These were basically my rationales as well. While there are no writing credits on the book I have always thought it a safe assumption that Stan HAD to have had a hand in its creation either in writing or editing it.

None of the usual sources identify any of the writers for the stories. It could easily have been Stan or he could have had some stories left over from pre-implosion days that had yet to be illustrated.

I posted this in the Group Shot Thread, but in case some of you guys don't browse that thread, here it is again.

Special Thanks to Dale Roberts for the #92 that came in the mail today. I was going to take a group shot of just the 8.0+ set, but it didn't fit in a photo well, so I added the three earlier issues to even it out.

DSC08324.jpg

DSC08325.jpg

DSC08326.jpg

I posted this in the Group Shot Thread, but in case some of you guys don't browse that thread, here it is again.

Special Thanks to Dale Roberts for the #92 that came in the mail today. I was going to take a group shot of just the 8.0+ set, but it didn't fit in a photo well, so I added the three earlier issues to even it out.

DSC08324.jpg

Very tough to put together a run of any of the preheros in 8.0 or higher!! Great set + love the stairs set up as well!! :cloud9::headbang: I've forgotten to mention that I've bought stuff on ebay from you, going back a ways, early 2000s.