• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I've posted one of these.

1095779-TOS28.jpg

1095779-TOS28.jpg.9929eb8003c104ef20f02a76fca6043e.jpg

Another couple of pre-hero pickups at Chicagocon, an upgrade on an issue I already have. Great Kirby giant hand cover!

jim55.jpg

And a nice Strange Tales space ship cover!

ST68.jpg

great covers!!! thanks

That JIM #39 is a prime example of how Atlas managed to sustain a sense of menace on many covers even after the code.

gossip.gif That's because they had Bill Everett drawing them.

Thanks, RH. Here's a better scan of a book that caused a kerfuffle when I first started posting a year ago.

ST97v2.jpg

I created this for the GA Group Shot Thread, which everyone should visit GA Group Shot ), but it most properly belongs here.

There are two books in the group that I haven't posted before. If you can name the issues, I'll post regular sized scans.

PreHeroGroupSmall.jpg

The JIM with Bruto and the one with Scorpion (Third guess is the JIM with the Ghost) ? And yes we want full-size scans 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Nope. Nope. Nope. These have all been posted in this thread.

The JIM with Bruto and the one with Scorpion (Third guess is the JIM with the Ghost) ? And yes we want full-size scans 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sorry.gif I get a second shot right? The ST Magneto and the 2 ST Gargantus? If those are not it, I won't guess any more.

sorry.gif I get a second shot right? The ST Magneto and the 2 ST Gargantus? If those are not it, I won't guess any more.

I'm pretty sure Magneto has been posted. Gargantus. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Excellent books. I love the upfront and proud signature on the Return of Gargantus. I know everyone noticed and it's been known for ages, but Gargantus had cosmetic surgery between issues 80 and 85 or is it not supposed to be the same Gargantus despite what the title hints?

Somehow, the more I look at these, the less goofy those pre-hero Monster books become 893whatthe.gif