• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

786610-JIM65.jpg

786610-JIM65.jpg.509326262586e855e9ec8b6e19a009ea.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Yep! I'm using scans I pulled from his site because I'm too lazy to scan them myself....

I have to say, my experience buying from Mark (Colmore Comics) was truly great. HIs original shipping estimate ended up high and so he refunded the difference to me. An absolute class act.

Here's one of the other books I picked up from him. It's not ultra high grade, but has great eye appeal and for some reason I reallly like this cover:

TTA22.jpg

795789-JIM77.jpg

795789-JIM77.jpg.7dbc6b0f372a9be502e839a1ad0cf9cc.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

1113232064839_jim59.JPG

Okay, I picked this book up just for the cover image and Blurbs.....

"I Unleashed SHAGG Upon the World" - I mean who wouldn't want to take the credit for unleashing shagg 27_laughing.gif

"Why do They Keep Trying to Resist Shagg?"

"All Mankind is Helpless Before Shagg" - Truer words could not be spoken yay.gif

What with the 60s beatles type mop-top on the monster and the book's date - 1960...could this really be the start of the semi-popular phrase....when did the phrase become common usage? And sadly the Kirby monster actually in the Shagg story is a Sphinx Creature and not the Austin Powers wannabe shown on the cover.

Don't forget to click on Foot Foot. You'll never see the world the same way again.

The ode to Dot's lost cat (``My pal's name is Foot Foot/ He always likes to roam/ My pal's name is Foot Foot/ I never find him home"), elicits particularly strong reactions:

``Just because something like `My Pal Foot Foot' will be tattooed on your brain after listening, doesn't make it WORTH listening to,'' said one Internet reviewer. ``I like the idea of keeping it around as a stocking stuffer, but it will bring on the worst hangover you've ever had within 30 seconds, irregardless if you've been drinking.''

For post #1000, I thought I'd scan one of my favorite of the pre-hero books. This is the WM copy.

801074-AmazAdultFant13.jpg

801074-AmazAdultFant13.jpg.101843b707ea252cf823b19dbbd1667c.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

893applaud-thumb.gif A perfect book for your 1000th post and here's flowerred.gif for you. Looking forward to your next 1000 posts.

P.S.: I read your anwers in the 10-centers thread and am letting them digest before asking follow-up. Hopefully other people like Aman will join. I think it is a very interesting topic (probably because I know so little about it)