• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

another beauty, Adam........... thumbsup2.gif

here's one i dug up that's worthy of this thread.

i might be mistaken but i think this is the one Mummy cover that hasn't been displayed yet; from October 1960 comes JIM 61 and GOMDULLA............ grin.gif

1111537282775_JIM_89_006.jpg

Thanks, BB.

Is that one of your Sid's books?

Did you pick up many of the pre-hero books as a kid? Or did you switch over to Marvel with the arrival of the hero books?

i got that copy of JIM 61as one of three pre-hero JIM's that were included in a large run of silver/bronze copies i picked up a couple of years ago. don't recall buying many pre hero marvels when i was a kid and most of them would have gone as trade for other books/magazines...............i probaly bought mostly ACG fantasy stuff back then. still have a few, but not in the best of shape....

i got that copy of JIM 61as one of three pre-hero JIM's that were included in a large run of silver/bronze copies i picked up a couple of years ago. don't recall buying many pre hero marvels when i was a kid and most of them would have gone as trade for other books/magazines...............i probaly bought mostly ACG fantasy stuff back then. still have a few, but not in the best of shape....

I was just curious. I was talking with a friend of mine that picked up Showcase 4 for a dime off the stand and he mentioned he didn't start picking up Marvels until they started doing superheros.

Adam do you have complete runs of the pre-hero TTA/TOS and J.I.M.'s?

What, you don't like Strange Tales?

In addition to the big four, I like the Strange Worlds, Worlds of Fantasy, Amazing Adventure, and Amazing Adult Fantasy.

All titles together includes 170 issues -- and I'm impressed by anyone with a complete collection, regardless of grade. My collection is not complete.

770547-CBM21.jpg

770547-CBM21.jpg.950420c6bc9396b40f3aebc75c326f1f.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

One of the "other" pre-hero titles

771897-WorldofFantasy15.jpg

771897-WorldofFantasy15.jpg.8cfe7c91020047aa6f916c5a44ac2ec4.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Here's an 8.5

scan0022.jpg

I think he was upset when Dorothy left him for the Tin Woodman!

Nice copy! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Kirby, inked by Ditko.

779150-TOS10.jpg

779150-TOS10.jpg.08fe0a89794b08530394656e26bf907b.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Adam do you have complete runs of the pre-hero TTA/TOS and J.I.M.'s?

What, you don't like Strange Tales?

In addition to the big four, I like the Strange Worlds, Worlds of Fantasy, Amazing Adventure, and Amazing Adult Fantasy.

All titles together includes 170 issues -- and I'm impressed by anyone with a complete collection, regardless of grade. My collection is not complete.

Hey I love them all, keep them coming.

Once it is attached, click on the attachment to copy the URL of the image, then go back, Click on Edit and in your message body, you can add an Instant UBB Code: Choose Image and paste the link in the pop-up dialog which I just did and your pic will appear in your message's body.

781046-jim534inch.jpg

Great book, bluto. Another alliterative Stan Lee title, "Mister Morgan's Monster." 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif