• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

And just so you dont think I'm just a "Kirby Zombie", here is another favorite cover of mine from the late 50's. As I am partial to "Frogman" covers as well, this baby does double duty in my collection. This issue has some great underwater artwork by Al Williamson. (please pardon the Marvel chip!)

WOF_02.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan

Glad you found it!

Definitely fun to see the more unusual covers like the Maneely!

Great thread... here's a GROUP SHOT!!!

STGroup1.jpg

Group shots! cloud9.gif

Thanks, Steve. I worked on this deal for about a month, and they arrived today. Probably it for me for a little while, anyway.

OK, maybe not. I think I keep buying pre-heroes just to bump this thread. Anyway, on the way from Rhino

TOS98.jpg

TTA-25-85SW.jpg

And one I got off ebay a little while ago

TTA266-2.jpg

TTA266-1.jpg

Angelo

Looks like you're on a roll, Watcher! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I want to add my thanks, too.

I was a little too young to have bought these off the rack, but I can imagine being a "period" fan of these books

-- and the later excitment that must have accompanied the change in these books as Kirby, Ditko, Heck and Lee began their Silver Age experiments.

Dennis

Thanks, adamstrange. I really enjoy collecting pre-hero comics. The chase is what makes it so fun.

Angelo

Agreed -- your post reminded me that it's time to scan a book or two. I'll try to get to that this weekend.