• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

It has probably been there a while, but while updating my registry I checked and the slot for the JIM #76 pricing variant is now available for anyone interested in updating their sets. I'll try to get around to checking the census data sometime soon, and in the meantime if someone would like to check it and post here that would be great! lol

Let's see for JIM76 - Pricing Variant Non-SS books:

9.4 = 1

9.2 = 1

9.0 = 1

8.5 = 2

8.0 = 1

7.5 = 2

7.0 = 2

6.5 = 0

6.0 = 0

5.5 = 3

5.0 = 2

4.5 = 0

4.0 = 0

3.5 = 1

3.0 = 1

that's it for Universal, there's only 1 SS @ 3.0

Total Graded Universal = 17

Total Graded SS = 1

Total Graded = 18

For the NON-Variant, there's only 13 Universal & 1 Qualified for a total graded count of 14.

Variant is +4 right now.

-bc

Thank you! :foryou:

The numbers are closer than I thought they would be, but they do jive with our general perception that the pricing variant is a bit more common than the non-variant 12 cent cover. It certainly isn't any rarer than the regular 12 cent version. FWIW, I own them both but only my non-variant is graded.

Found this one hiding at the Lake Effect Comic Con in Mentor, Ohio yesterday:

wof17_zpsu58lytti.jpg

The show was actually very comic book focused and the best part was it had free admisssion! Thanks to 1Cool for the heads up about the show!

-bc

There were some really pretty books in the latest Clink auction that just ended. I bid on several, including a lot of the STs, but got blown out on all of them. Anyone here get any of them?

I managed to snag one of the 12 PHM Strange Tales I was watching in last nights CLink auction:

st98_zpsupn6sfn1.jpg

The ST75 & 96 went for a pretty penny at $2,300 & $2,100 respectively.

-bc

Hello,

Just found this site a few days ago and so far LOVE the Forums, you guys are Actually talking about the books I grew up with and am still collecting to this day.

As far as Pre-Hero Marvel I have completed the Amazing Adventures/Adult Fantasy(except 15) TOS and TTA runs and I am currently working on the Strange Tales and JIM.

Right now with those titles I have...

JIM

6, 9, 13, 15, 18, 22, 26, 27(just bought), 28, 32 and 34 - 82

Strange Tales

3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 13, 22, 27, 28, 30, 31, 33, 35, 37, 40 and 43 - 100.

Hello,

Just found this site a few days ago and so far LOVE the Forums, you guys are Actually talking about the books I grew up with and am still collecting to this day.

As far as Pre-Hero Marvel I have completed the Amazing Adventures/Adult Fantasy(except 15) TOS and TTA runs and I am currently working on the Strange Tales and JIM.

Right now with those titles I have...

JIM

6, 9, 13, 15, 18, 22, 26, 27(just bought), 28, 32 and 34 - 82

Strange Tales

3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 13, 22, 27, 28, 30, 31, 33, 35, 37, 40 and 43 - 100.

Welcome to the Thread/Boards!

Get that scanner fired up and lets see some group shots of those runs ! :banana:

-bc

Since I'm addicted to this genre, a slow steady drip will suffice...

I recently discovered the some of the learly 60's Atlas/Marvel westerns also had a PHM-theme. Do you have an easy to access list for the OCD crowd?

Thanks!

-bc

I have lists of all of my books/memorabilia/collectibles for insurance purposes.

Actually glad you brought up "Monsters" in the Westerns.

I had needed a Two Gun Kid 58 to complete my run of TGK and it had eluded me for years and then one showed up on eBay for $30.00 in FR condition which was almost 10 times over guide.

I contacted the seller and asked why he was asking such a high price and so much over guide and his response was that it was a "Kirby Monster Cover" and I said, so...

Did not buy it from him and a couple months later I got one in an eBay auction in VG for $23.00.

I have lists of all of my books/memorabilia/collectibles for insurance purposes.

Actually glad you brought up "Monsters" in the Westerns.

I had needed a Two Gun Kid 58 to complete my run of TGK and it had eluded me for years and then one showed up on eBay for $30.00 in FR condition which was almost 10 times over guide.

I contacted the seller and asked why he was asking such a high price and so much over guide and his response was that it was a "Kirby Monster Cover" and I said, so...

Did not buy it from him and a couple months later I got one in an eBay auction in VG for $23.00.

So the western/PHM cross-over list has these so far:

Two Gun Kid 58

Rawhide Kid 22

Kid Colt Outlaw 100, 107

Do you know of any others? Thanks for any info!

-bc

Here are pics I have taken over the past 8 years or so.

Needed the pics to document what I had and what was added each year for insurance purposes.

AMAZING ADVENTURES 1, 2, 3, 4

hunj8x.jpg

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 6, 15

2d7alg5.jpg

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 18, 26, 28

35nbxad.jpg

STRANGE TALES 3

20swoyx.jpg

STRANGE TALES 4

s5d3qo.jpg

TALES OF SUSPENSE 1

15g88x1.jpg

TALES OF SUSPENSE 2, 3, 4, 5

2w523gh.jpg

TALES TO ASTONISH 1

wk0lmt.jpg

TALES TO ASTONISH 2, 3, 4, 5

243i2jb.jpg

TALES TO ASTONISH 27

2le6m1s.jpg

TWO GUN KID 58 (KIRBY MONSTER COVER)

5m9zlt.jpg

PRE-HERO RUNS(Pic taken about 8 years ago)

1z5i6g3.jpg

Edited by marvelmaniac

Thank You.

Sorry some of the pics are blurry, they were taken over 8 years ago with an inexpensive($80)digital camera and the auto focus is "good" at best.

The TGK 58 looks "tapered" because of camera angle.

Amazing what technology has done, my phone now takes much better pics than my "real" camera.

If there is any book you would like to see a better pic of I will be more than happy to take another pic and post it.

The TOS #1 was a Christmas gift.

Jut received this.

2m4onip.jpg

Nice ! Cool perspective on the cover - I like the image of the city & lightning thru the sky light.

Only see 8 total in the CGC census - good pickup!

-bc

I'd love to see a clearer picture of the ST #4!

Welcome to the boards!If you scroll back a bit here you will see a bunch of my books...we have very similar collections...but ive no TOS #1 yet!Have a sweet ST #1 though...

If i ever get the PC working again ill send you some pms!

Jimmers