• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

My latest...and bestest...for this issue in my TOS 1-38 set...

Feel free to play along (Issue...Title Monster)... :insane:

Onery Oak

Lumberous Lurch

Treacherous Tree(-Man)

Wrathful Woody

TOS_26_zps99da7172.jpg

Nice one Tom!! Name game I go with Tree Fiddy. :D

Yeah, not too shabby (sound of jaw hitting floor)

I really hate to see you suffer like this, ever think about upgrading and passing the dregs to the less fortunate... :whistle:

I assume the WM collection contained all early Strange Tales issues. I have three from the pre-pre-hero days.

I'm doubtful that runs of JIM or ST were complete, though there were quite a few issues from each in the collection.

Can you share scans of yours? :wishluck:

adamstrange,

For some reason, I've been unable to upload images to photobucket, but trying today it finally worked. It used to just hang on the upload.

With apologies for the lateness, here is my earliest WM copy. It looks better than the grade, but it does seem to have a tear/crease on the right edge. It's near the monster's shoulder.

ST-020-70WhiteMountain.jpg

Thanks for persevering! I love the green that Atlas used for the pre-code books. :cloud9:

My latest...and bestest...for this issue in my TOS 1-38 set...

Feel free to play along (Issue...Title Monster)... :insane:

Onery Oak

Lumberous Lurch

Treacherous Tree(-Man)

Wrathful Woody

TOS_26_zps99da7172.jpg

Nice one Tom!! Name game I go with Tree Fiddy. :D

^^

Yeah, not too shabby (sound of jaw hitting floor)

I really hate to see you suffer like this, ever think about upgrading and passing the dregs to the less fortunate... :whistle:

I assume the WM collection contained all early Strange Tales issues. I have three from the pre-pre-hero days.

I'm doubtful that runs of JIM or ST were complete, though there were quite a few issues from each in the collection.

Can you share scans of yours? :wishluck:

adamstrange,

For some reason, I've been unable to upload images to photobucket, but trying today it finally worked. It used to just hang on the upload.

With apologies for the lateness, here is my earliest WM copy. It looks better than the grade, but it does seem to have a tear/crease on the right edge. It's near the monster's shoulder.

ST-020-70WhiteMountain.jpg

Thanks for persevering! I love the green that Atlas used for the pre-code books. :cloud9:

Wonderful point AS...those greens are spectacular! :headbang:

And my favorite color in all its shades... :cloud9:

Bronty,

Prices on all pre-hero issues seem very high these days. Wonder how

many collectors are chasing them...

Makes it hard for those of us on a budget.

It makes it tough for those of us chasing them too. lol

My budget for this year is shot to :censored: and I was really going to try to be good. And every time I try to take a breather from buying something else pops up on :censored: eBay or :censored: Clink or a :censored: board sales thread that I :censored: well know not to click on. But I :censored::censored: click on it anyway. :facepalm:

Bronty,

I hear you, but the higher prices usually start at vf. I thought 1200 bucks was notable for a 6.5, even for ST 89.

Bronty,

It makes it tough for those of us chasing them too. lol

My budget for this year is shot to :censored: and I was really going to try to be good. And every time I try to take a breather from buying something else pops up on :censored: eBay or :censored: Clink or a :censored: board sales thread that I :censored: well know not to click on. But I :censored::censored: click on it anyway. :facepalm:

Very eloquently put lol

One final post-code Atlas group shot. :foryou:

th_Mystical05-70-C8.jpg th_Mystical06-65.jpg th_Mystical07-75-C8.jpg th_Mystical08-92.jpg th_Mystical08-65.jpg th_SSS06-85.jpg th_SSS11-75.jpg

th_SSS12-85-RC.jpg th_SSS13-85-C8.jpg th_SSS14-90-C8.jpg th_SSS15-92-C8.jpg th_STU04-65-AU.jpg th_STU08-70-C8.jpg th_STU09-85-C8.jpg

th_STU10-80-C8.jpg th_SW02-75-DA.jpg th_SW03-85.jpg th_SW05-85.jpg

th_Mystical01-EC.jpg th_Mystical02-EC.jpg th_Mystical03-EC.jpg th_Mystical04-EC.jpg th_SSS007-EC.jpg th_SSS008-EC.jpg

th_SSS009-EC.jpg th_SSS016-EC.jpg th_STU002-EC.jpg th_STU003-EC.jpg th_STU004-EC.jpg th_STU011-EC.jpg

Three of my faves (the Strange Worlds #2 came from Díck Ayers' personal collection :luhv: ):

Mystical04-EC.jpg

SW02-75-DA.jpg

SW03-85.jpg

:acclaim:

AWESOME! JUST AWESOME! Jay...your posts (books!) are the best! :headbang::headbang: