• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

Went 0-3 in last nights CLink auction :(

On the positive side, it shows a strong PHM market even for non-keys. About 30 bids on average per book and a lot of last second bravado. Not sure if anyone here picked anything up, but it felt like someone had some really high bids that even a punishment bid or two couldn't beat :devil:

Oh well, there's always next time....

-bc

40 minutes ago, bc said:

Went 0-3 in last nights CLink auction :(

On the positive side, it shows a strong PHM market even for non-keys. About 30 bids on average per book and a lot of last second bravado. Not sure if anyone here picked anything up, but it felt like someone had some really high bids that even a punishment bid or two couldn't beat :devil:

Oh well, there's always next time....

-bc

Unfortunately, since I've been burning the candle at both ends, so to speak, I fell asleep right before the Strange Tales area and woke up just after the TTA portion, missing the zone of books I was interested in last night. 😔 A lot of them sold for more than I would've wanted to pay, but that TTA 31 was a copy that I would've bid more on to win it. Congratulations to whoever scored it.

26 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Unfortunately, since I've been burning the candle at both ends, so to speak, I fell asleep right before the Strange Tales area and woke up just after the TTA portion, missing the zone of books I was interested in last night. 😔 A lot of them sold for more than I would've wanted to pay, but that TTA 31 was a copy that I would've bid more on to win it. Congratulations to whoever scored it.

Seeing how the other bids played out in real time, think any bids on the TTA31 would have been quickly crushed. After losing on one book, I put what I thought were 2 pretty substantial punishment bids on books I was targeting, only to lose both as well.

Although it was the lowest winning bid of the lot last night - no Mummy love :(

-bc

I nabbed the ST 98 CGC 9.0. Did not think it would go that high, much more than I wanted to spend. Just an issue that has eluded me in higher grade. I thought the ST 80 in CGC 8.5 for $1230 was a steal. I paid much more than that for my 8.5 copy  several years ago. What did the TTA 31 sell for?

TOS, at is point, was at the end of the large monster/creature issues. Themes were now fantasy/occult/alien types.

785608024_TOS33.thumb.jpg.446f33fc5d00419d8ad485637d15b9c7.jpg

1 hour ago, bc said:

Seeing how the other bids played out in real time, think any bids on the TTA31 would have been quickly crushed. After losing on one book, I put what I thought were 2 pretty substantial punishment bids on books I was targeting, only to lose both as well.

Although it was the lowest winning bid of the lot last night - no Mummy love :(

-bc

It was SUCH a beautiful copy, exactly what I was looking for! I should probably just sit back, as I already bought an expensive Golden Age book.