• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2023 at 7:38 AM, bc said:

Very sharp looking copies!

-bc

Unfortunately the 32 has color touch.

I picked it up at a convention last year, it was priced at $300. Since I'd bought some books the dealer dropped it to $200. After I looked at it and spotted the color touch he dropped it to $100. That's the price I pick up vg copies so I said ok. I also bought another TTA in about fine as well for a nice price and that wasn't color touch. Shame about the 32 as the color touch shouldn't have been done as the book would have been a easy 8.0.

I don't normally buy restored but if the book looks good and the price is right 👍

On 2/1/2023 at 2:41 PM, RICK STARR said:

1944585244_JIM69.thumb.jpg.d290159f174750f8fd627f87191f78d4.jpg

2087279229_JIM78.thumb.jpg.dca28e50dd133d3b89573334e8e504cc.jpg

Killer books :headbang:

Welcome back!

On the JIM 78 - is that some numbers behind the CCA stamp (written on the inside cover in what appears to be dark blue marker)? Not sure if you saw my post a few pages back, but I have picked up several from that collection and have always wondered about the back story.

-bc

On 2/1/2023 at 3:01 PM, bc said:

Welcome back!

On the JIM 78 - is that some numbers behind the CCA stamp (written on the inside cover in what appears to be dark blue marker)? Not sure if you saw my post a few pages back, but I have picked up several from that collection and have always wondered about the back story.

-bc

Wow, good eye @bc!!! I suppose that you're always on the lookout for books from that collection!!! I'll try to remember that myself, just in case I run across any and the person knows the origin of the stash!!!  (thumbsu

On 2/2/2023 at 9:29 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Hey @bc is the arrival date written in the second "S" of Astonish part of any collection or just a random high-grade beauty?

I think its part of a collection as I have several books with very similar writing. Check out the TTA31 on the previous page for another example.

They all came from Clink back in 2013-2014. No idea on the history.

-bc

On 2/2/2023 at 8:59 AM, bc said:

I think its part of a collection as I have several books with very similar writing. Check out the TTA31 on the previous page for another example.

They all came from Clink back in 2013-2014. No idea on the history.

-bc

That is SO cool!!! Uniformly high-grade with great paper!!! Were the other books all TTAs or were they spread across the other titles too? 

On 2/2/2023 at 10:06 AM, Frisco Larson said:

That is SO cool!!! Uniformly high-grade with great paper!!! Were the other books all TTAs or were they spread across the other titles too? 

Mainly TTAs, but I'll have to check my pics when I get home tonight.

-bc

On 2/1/2023 at 4:01 PM, bc said:

Welcome back!

-bc

Not quite sure if it is a number, but perhaps a bleed through from inside cover. Picked up this copy from a clink auction 6 years ago. So, they could be from the same collection.