• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2023 at 1:32 PM, DR.X said:

I did not know prices jumped that high on these upper grade pre hero's. Wow.

giphy.gif

I'm not sure whether or not those are reflective of current market, mostly due to me not pursuing those earliest books in those grades. For example, the TTA #14 listed on MCS is an 8.5 ow/w for $3225 o/bo and I purchased my copy, a 7.5 ow/w 2/19/21 for $316 (not including tax and shipping). Now, that's not the exact same grade, but it IS relatively close and IS comparable. Does it seem to you that the 8.5 should be over ten times as much as the 7.5? Again, people can ask what they want for their books, but like my initial comment indicated ... I'M not very tempted by those prices. Best of luck to whomever owns them!  (thumbsu

There's been two enthusiastic bidders on TtA prehero issues in the last year. I've lost on a number of books.

I view it as a temporary speed bump that will subside when they've filled out their collections. They have driven up prices...

Patience.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:07 PM, Rosland said:

There's been two enthusiastic bidders on TtA prehero issues in the last year. I've lost on a number of books.

I view it as a temporary speed bump that will subside when they've filled out their collections. They have driven up prices...

Patience.

Yeah, I recall seeing some results that surprised me and I was glad that I was out of the running on those particular books! All it takes is two people that REALLY want something, then look out!!

On 1/28/2023 at 7:07 PM, Rosland said:

Patience.

If it helps, I'm all done with TTA as of this past year, except that I'd like to upgrade my #1 from 6.0 to 7.0.  So I'm out of your way.  :angel:

On 1/28/2023 at 6:33 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I'm not sure whether or not those are reflective of current market, mostly due to me not pursuing those earliest books in those grades. For example, the TTA #14 listed on MCS is an 8.5 ow/w for $3225 o/bo and I purchased my copy, a 7.5 ow/w 2/19/21 for $316 (not including tax and shipping). Now, that's not the exact same grade, but it IS relatively close and IS comparable. Does it seem to you that the 8.5 should be over ten times as much as the 7.5? Again, people can ask what they want for their books, but like my initial comment indicated ... I'M not very tempted by those prices. Best of luck to whomever owns them!  (thumbsu

I agree ... as a general rule, we should never confuse asking prices for where the market is, and those particular asking prices are well above market.

I think that seller is clearly adopting a strategy of asking for the moon and stars, and hoping there's someone desperate enough to go for it.  For books with low census numbers in grade, this can be a good strategy (at least for as long as you have the patience).

On 1/28/2023 at 7:50 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I agree ... as a general rule, we should never confuse asking prices for where the market is, and those particular asking prices are well above market.

I think that seller is clearly adopting a strategy of asking for the moon and stars, and hoping there's someone desperate enough to go for it.  For books with low census numbers in grade, this can be a good strategy (at least for as long as you have the patience).

I suppose everyone wants to hit a home run and I don't think it costs anything to list on MCS until you sell, so I guess it's worth a try. Ya never know who's out there and doesn't care, they just want the book. (shrug)