• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sexual Harassment at Comic-Con?

367 posts in this topic

:sorry:

Even in 92-93, America didnt care about Baseball. I think it ranks like tied with the Winter XGames for like the 7th most popular sport right about now hm

Or if you live in Miami, its 18th.

Even in 92-93, America didnt care about Baseball. I think it ranks like tied with the Winter XGames for like the 7th most popular sport right about now hm

Miami???

Hell, i live in Davie and its still behind Possum watching and Armadillo mating :gossip:

Miami???

Hell, i live in Davie and its still behind Possum watching and Armadillo mating :gossip:

I remember going to the Home Depot in Davie, in early 90's. I saw a customer ride up on a horse. Never saw anything like that in all my years growing up in South Philly. My entire knowledge of the South came from watching The Dukes of Hazzard episodes. I looked around the Home Depot parking lot to see if I could also spot Bo and Luke, in the General Lee. lol

You're looking at it all wrong. There is no other sport on the planet that could sustain enough paying fans for a 162 game season.

NFL, 16 games in 60,000 seat stadiums.

MLB 162 games in 40,000-60,000 seat stadiums.

NBA/NHL 81 games in 20,000 seat arenas.

This says it all. (Miami does not count for anything in this country. Most of us refer to it as 'North Cuba'.) ;)

Miami???

I remember going to the Home Depot in Davie, in early 90's. I saw a customer ride up on a horse. Never saw anything like that in all my years growing up in South Philly. My entire knowledge of the South came from watching The Dukes of Hazzard episodes. I looked around the Home Depot parking lot to see if I could also spot Bo and Luke, in the General Lee. lol

We've actually moved into the 21st Century here in the last 10 years or so :gossip:

when i 1st moved out here in 2000 though, we were looking at houses. we went to look at a NICE house and the house next door had like 6 goats and 2 horses just walking around on the front patio :facepalm:

In the late 80's i lived on Ft lauderdale beach but met this super hot girl on a cruise that lived in Davie. we started dating and i drove out to her house when we got home to take her out. I was like 16-17 and her 20 year old sister opened the door looking smoking hot but had a spittoon in one hand and a HUGE dip in her mouth :eek:

Not condoning any of this behavior but it is no different than what occurs at hundreds of frat parties, night clubs, college bars, Mardi Gras, and hundred of other events where there are lots of people in a "party" type atmosphere.
You're comparing comic book conventions to Mardi Gras? Is there a lot of alcohol and drug use at comic conventions?I thought comic conventions are where parents took their children to see someone in a Sonic costume, where art collectors went to purchase commissions. Where seniors added to their Action Comics collection.

If I were to compare a comic convention to something, I'd compare it to other types of conventions. Does this happen with the same frequency and apparent level of tolerance at electronics conventions? How about tattoo shows? I have a feeling this kind of thing doesn't even happen at alternative and small press shows, where alcohol actually is served and no children are allowed. Maybe because the attendees understand they're at an art and trade show, not at Spring Break.

tumblr_m2jnimoxta1qzbqf4o1_1280.jpg

You're looking at it all wrong. There is no other sport on the planet that could sustain enough paying fans for a 162 game season.

This says it all. (Miami does not count for anything in this country. Most of us refer to it as 'North Cuba'.) ;)

Yeah but each team only plays 81 home games and about half the league averages less than 30k a game and those numbers are HIGHLY inflated! I've been to a few games in the new Miami stadium and they will announce the "attendance" as like 18k but there could not POSSIBLY have been more than 6-7k in the stadium.

Yeah but each team only plays 81 home games and about half the league averages less than 30k a game and those numbers are HIGHLY inflated! I've been to a few games in the new Miami stadium and they will announce the "attendance" as like 18k but there could not POSSIBLY have been more than 6-7k in the stadium.

Ok, i understand that. That also works for other sports. NFL only 8 games then. NBA/NHL only 41 then. MLB still far outdraws all other sports in terms of paying fans every year. Add just 10 more games to an NFL season and that league would collapse.

I told you.......... Miami does not count at all... for anything. :)

When are we all going on a boardie baseball game then... make it interesting... no matter who is playing we all wear our colors...

:devil:

I nominate the Bronx... it is lovely this time of year.

(It actually is)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Doesn't seem that a lot of teams actually sell out on a consistent basis. In fact when compared to other sports there certainly does not seem to be the same type of fervent attendance. Not to mention these numbers are definitely inflated by the number of season ticket holders who purchased a ticket and was never able to sell it. That is the only way I could conclude how some of these teams list such high attendance numbers.

When are we all going on a boardie baseball game then... make it interesting... no matter who is playing we all wear our colors...

(It actually is)

CBP is far better than both NY venues. :baiting:

Stop smoking the parker posey's in the bleachers and maybe you will come to your senses ya bad kid. At the Stadium ... they even pick on their own Yankee Fans lol

Box seats do suck... unless I get them...

(It actually is)

Stop smoking the parker posey's in the bleachers and maybe you will come to your senses ya bad kid.

Don't get me wrong. I could beat up on NYers, in Philly or New York. It doesn't matter to me. :)

(It actually is)

Stop smoking the parker posey's in the bleachers and maybe you will come to your senses ya bad kid.

Don't get me wrong. I could beat up on NYers, in Philly or New York. It doesn't matter to me. :)

I've been to both... but Yankee Stadium once again is a baseball Mecca

Citi Field... that's a place to bring your kids if you have five year olds.

Citizen Bank, I have been to more games at CBP than I have at Citi Field. I have seen a lot of concerts at Citi Field though lol. CBP is nice... but it's not the Stadium.

Fenway was amazing... A really cool park for what it is. That is not a slight on the park, it simply fits 35,000 and they maximize every bit of space.

Only place I really think I need to see is Wrigley. I keep putting it off... and I know that I am going to regret that one day.

(It actually is)

I've been to both... but Yankee Stadium once again is a baseball Mecca

Citi Field... that's a place to bring your kids if you have five year olds.

Citizen Bank, I have been to more games at CBP than I have at Citi Field. I have seen a lot of concerts at Citi Field though lol. CBP is nice... but it's not the Stadium.

Fenway was amazing... A really cool park for what it is. That is not a slight on the park, it simply fits 35,000 and they maximize every bit of space.

Only place I really think I need to see is Wrigley. I keep putting it off... and I know that I am going to regret that one day.

Come out west. Safeco Field and Chavez Ravine are definitely nice ballparks.

Sadly enough Miraclemet is absolutely right. I was in a fraternity in college. We would always assign one pledge and one brother to be on "patrol" to go around and make sure nothing of this sort was going on during our parties. It's not just "geeky comic nerds" plenty of "bros" act like this as well. We had to deal with this situation a few times unfortunately and on one occasion had to involve the police. I think it goes to the (horrible) "defense" of "well she was dressed like that, she was asking for it" disgustingness that people tend to say about women (it's a total double standard). "Hey she was dressed all sexy and you could see her chest and behind, of course she wants me to grab her, why else would she dress that way, she wants the attention" No dumb person, she is dressed that way because she wants to cosplay and live out her dream of being catwoman. She's doing it for HER not YOU. Sorry this kind of stuff bothers me a lot since it takes away from people being able to have a fun time (NYCC is my absolute favorite time of the year)

lol