• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Day Men from Boom Studios

304 posts in this topic

Just grabbed a lesser grade copy today at a show of #1 for $10...I would be paying that in shipping anyways (so what the hell)...they also had a solid NM/NM+ for $30, and they wouldn't budge on price. You'd think end of day at cons these guys would be a bit flexible on prices...but I know dealers are always over-priced...

It's cool they are putting in some extra effort after the crazy time gap between issues. I still didn't feel like the article completely explained the reason for the long delay, but oh well, lets hope #2 is as good as #1.

From the interview, it doesn't sound like he's expecting this to be a monthly....

To boil down my philosophy of publishing comics to its simplest components, it’s about “great comics, on time.” I believe in delivering the highest-quality stories and doing it on a schedule that fulfills on our solicitation promises to retailers. Look no further than POLARITY, SUICIDE RISK, SIX-GUN GORILLA, HIT, IMAGINE AGENTS, and so many more for that philosophy in practice.

So of course, it’s the irony of all ironies that my own book is a different animal altogether

So, if that's the case, I am not sure what the long term health of the comic is going to be. People are very fickle when it comes to a comic getting on the stands every month.