• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - FS: Showcase 22 - Professionally Restored SOLD

21 posts in this topic

No HOS'ers or on the Probies

First :takeit: in the thread trumps any PM deal in progress and gets the book unconditionally.

I will gladly accept paypal, personal check or money order.

I will gladly cover the shipping costs in the US - but foreign buyers will pay exact expedited shipping with full insurance.

GL.

Cover cleaned, spine reinforced, first wrap has spine reinforced, color touch, staples cleaned, small pieces added, pressed. I also believe the book was also trimmed on top. It was sold to me as "unrestored" by BJ Donald in Southern CA - clearly not the case.

$4400.00 o/b/o

IMG_8005_zpsbb3bed13.jpg

IMG_8003_zps79f918ec.jpg

IMG_7997_zpse59d2dc4.jpg

IMG_8004_zpsc9aad3e5.jpg

IMG_8000_zpsf4de3eba.jpg

IMG_8001_zps079ebe8f.jpg

IMG_7996_zps2f4e7174.jpg

GL.

Cover cleaned, spine reinforced, first wrap has spine reinforced, color touch, staples cleaned, small pieces added, pressed. I also believe the book was also trimmed on top. It was sold to me as "unrestored" by BJ Donald in Southern CA - clearly not the case.

$4400.00 o/b/o

Ouch! Did you get some restitution from him?

GL.

$4400.00 o/b/o

No restitution. Not even a kiss. I'm listening to all offers.

GL.

$4400.00 o/b/o

Dang! You been having some bad luck!! :foryou:

GL.

$4400.00 o/b/o

Dang! You been having some bad luck!! :foryou:

Not really - a few bad deals out of a whole bunch of great ones. It happens to the best of us.

Offers??

Bueller?? Bueller??

How did you arrive at the details of the restoration = was it previously slabbed ?

You don't make mention of the grade. It is indeed an attractive book but I think it would behoove you to list more details.

I bought a book a few years back from a guy in CA., BJ Donald. I bought it along with a GL 1, and Roulette bought the GL1 from me. Because I was so upset, I asked Doug at CL to look at it, and when we determined that I had been burnt, I had Mike at Hero look at it - and Mike told me what was done to it previously, and then he told me what needed to be done to it to bring it to a condition where it could look great. Again, he's the one who identified what was previously done to it, and he was the one who did the current work to it - and no, I have no idea if it was previously slabbed. I don't make mention of the grade because of such - I never have had any books restored nor do I ever purchase them - but since you asked me, my answer is there was no grade on the book - and the number is just a guess - and the price was a guess as well - and I think its just an expensive lesson. I doubt it will sell at all - just one of those things that'll sit on my desk to remind me the difference between cost and value. Does that help provide a little more detail?

Hey all, Mike at Hero Restoration here. You can PM or post here your questions and I will try to answer them.

What would be tough to answer is what grade it would get from CGC, as I am typically surprised by every grade they give on restored books, some lower than expected, but many higher. It is also hard for me to give a grade due to bias, it is just a conflict for me to grade my work. I would say I think it is moderate work done.

It looks to me as though the book never should have been restored. What I mean by that is I usually only recommend restoring books 2.0 and below, with a max of a 4.0, but even those I am hesitant to do, poor to fair is more my liking. This book looks like it was a solid 4.0 or better before restoration as the spine and edges only required minimum repairs.

It is inconclusive whether the top edge has been trimmed, it is just too difficult to tell.

Beautiful book. I tried to check GPA to get a ballpark for what Apparent higher grade restored copies of this book bring and I am shocked at the lack of sales of them.

Best of luck with the sale. For sure at the right price (whatever that may be for you and the eventual buyer) it will sell and make somoene happy.