• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

.__351_480_IH181.jpg

Only the first link works. The other three are 404 errors. The first one is enough to show it's quite ugly.

Wowzers, how on earth could someone think that stapling a bunch of books together like that would fool anyone? They may as well just enclose a picture of themselves laughing at you. Enraging that people can keep getting way with this.

.__351_480_IH181.jpg

Only the first link works. The other three are 404 errors. The first one is enough to show it's quite ugly.

Wowzers, how on earth could someone think that stapling a bunch of books together like that would fool anyone? They may as well just enclose a picture of themselves laughing at you. Enraging that people can keep getting way with this.

To be fair, he does appear to be better at getting away with this than he is at getting away with spousal abuse.

.__351_480_IH181.jpg

you've got it wrong. These guys are thinking out of the box - if you don't have what the customer wants build it. :facepalm:

You got taken. You should have done your research on here first. They got another poor soul.

Yeah, but he paid with Amex. He can do a charge back on it with no problem.

I mean really, is that just a photocopy cover or something??? Did he have the edges cropped off in the sales pic??? I would love to see this guy in person just so I could "shake his hand". And he hasn't even ripped ME off.

You got taken. You should have done your research on here first. They got another poor soul.

Unfortunately, there's not much information about there on Google - despite the efforts of everyone on the message boards.

Perhaps at this point, people should probably enter in their opinions on Yelp for The House Of Comics. At least that will have a better chance of showing up in the results.

If anyone has a street address for The House of Comics (not PO Box) it should probably be added to Google Maps, to allow people to conduct reviews on it.

Unfortunately, there's not much information about there on Google - despite the efforts of everyone on the message boards.

Perhaps at this point, people should probably enter in their opinions on Yelp for The House Of Comics. At least that will have a better chance of showing up in the results.

If anyone has a street address for The House of Comics (not PO Box) it should probably be added to Google Maps, to allow people to conduct reviews on it.

Proof that $1.95 domains at GoDaddy are not a good thing.

I received a cobbled together IH 181 reprint that doesnt match the online picts. The cover looks like it was from the 1985 reprint - though it was glossy, it had the telltale black box around it, the back cover was from some silver age comic. The whole thing was stapled together. It was a bit of a mess.

I'm not criticising them at this point, just curious to hear other's experiences.

Not to pile on here because I know you must feel awful about being scammed ... but they sent you THAT and you don't want to criticize them! :tonofbricks: