• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

Ok it seems thehouseofcomics is straight garbage. Were those pictures of that trashed house with comics everywhere and a little bottle of prescription drugs really from thehouseofcomics???! I believe how bad they are but I figured those pics were jokes. Did they actually have those pics on their website at one point?

They posted those lovely pics,no joke.

Ok it seems thehouseofcomics is straight garbage. Were those pictures of that trashed house with comics everywhere and a little bottle of prescription drugs really from thehouseofcomics???! I believe how bad they are but I figured those pics were jokes. Did they actually have those pics on their website at one point?

They were actually boasting with the pictures late one night about how many comics they had.

Luckily I was here to put the entire situation into perspective. :whee:

They were actually boasting with the pictures late one night about how many comics they had.

Yes, that was a fun night of Photoshopping.

Yes, that was a fun night of Photoshopping.

Definitely was a fun night,where's Waldo was pure genius. :applause:

Whoever did the blog:

re the $ on the blog - this wasn't a 2k deal, it was $x00. I said that the 2k came from the bad deal plus a work travel expense of $1600 that was kicked back... The whole day sucked, not just this deal. Thanks though.

For amplification:

1. Call AMEX, not Amazon, and dispute the charge.

2. Mail the item(s) back with tracking.

3. Photograph the item(s).

4. Provide a detailed overview of what occurred.

5. Provide documentation to AMEX of other users from this board who have had the same experience with THOC.

6. Quit thinking that they're going to do the right thing.

Whoever did the blog:

re the $ on the blog - this wasn't a 2k deal, it was $x00. I said that the 2k came from the bad deal plus a work travel expense of $1600 that was kicked back... The whole day sucked, not just this deal. Thanks though.

For amplification:

5. Provide a series of other users who have had the same experience with THOC.

Somehow this is worse than being screwwed directly because they've been so damn nice about it. I honestly wish it was a little less like date rape and a little more like forced sodomy.

I'm feeling the peer pressure to do the right thing. By nature I want to believe the best in people - but clearly this is wrong and I'm getting that if I don't do something it's just going to happen to someone else. To that end, I'm going to cut ties.

That was one of your greatest performances ever.

I personally think you were a bit harsh on them. After all, maybe they are just down on they're luck.

Maybe they can't afford a bottle of Lysol. Maybe the steam extractor burned up. Maybe they ran out of paint, and couldn't finish that inside closet door.

Maybe they can't get those nicotine stains out of the walls, or they're underwear for that matter. Maybe they ran out of comic dividers and boxes.

Think of your fellow man once in bit mister.

:jokealert:

^^

Whoever did the blog:

For amplification:

5. Provide a series of other users who have had the same experience with THOC.

Somehow this is worse than being screwwed directly because they've been so damn nice about it. I honestly wish it was a little less like date rape and a little more like forced sodomy.

I'm feeling the peer pressure to do the right thing. By nature I want to believe the best in people - but clearly this is wrong and I'm getting that if I don't do something it's just going to happen to someone else. To that end, I'm going to cut ties.

It's not wrong to believe the best in people - it's highly inadvisable to believe that when a cash transaction is involved (to a certain point). I don't think belief in peoples' good nature and business dealings really belong together.

Interesting that one of the other threads was started by someone who wanted to praise them, until he got the books, they must be good talkers...at least they do something well..

There was a seller on eBay called GrassRoots something, who was doing the same thing. Taking pieces of books and stapling them together, making mish moshes of things and representing them as being complete copies.

I don't think I saw anywhere what grade you thought you were getting, but my guess is, it was not Poor- or as an old friend of mine used to say POS-.

Unless they mentioned reprint, staples or cobbled on their website, they are doing you no favors.

I always try to see the best in people, but there are times when you just have to accept that some people lie, misrepresent and try and cheat nice people.

There is a window f time with your credit card company. Call them and set up a claim, if these people had a change of heart, found the light or whatever and want to be better, they will immediately refund you the entire amount plus return shipping. If they do you can then cancel the credit card claim...but until they do...you have no proof that they are in any way, shape or form, nice...

There was a seller on eBay called GrassRoots something, who was doing the same thing. Taking pieces of books and stapling them together, making mish moshes of things and representing them as being complete copies.

Is part of this scam using that as a defense to the credit card company (who may not value or understand the aspect of collectibility in comics) saying "I'm not returning his money, he's got a Hulk 181 - here's the pictures..." ?

I don't mean to be a 'prude' or whatever, but it is FRIDAY....But I find your whole date rape/sodomy analogy completely inappropriate just b/c you got scammed on some comics..."Feeling like you were date raped" b/c of a bad comics deal are a million worlds apart. I think you could have made your point, w/o such a statement.

2c

On the actual deal, I do hope you get your money back and listen to the sound advice of others here and those who are in the same predicament as you.

I don't mean to be a 'prude' or whatever, but it is FRIDAY....But I find your whole date rape/sodomy analogy completely inappropriate just b/c you got scammed on some comics..."Feeling like you were date raped" b/c of a bad comics deal are a million worlds apart. I think you could have made your point, w/o such a statement.

2c

On the actual deal, I do hope you get your money back and listen to the sound advice of others here and those who are in the same predicament as you.

What he said. :golfclap: It is only a little money and some funnybooks after all.